Hellboy big baby gun. Pics to come.

sskunky

Sr Member
Hi,
If anyone is interested I will be taking some photos of the original prop of Hellboy's Big Baby Gun this coming week:)

For those who don't know me I have a very good friend that has a modelmaking company here in the UK and his company has made a huge amount of props for the Film and TV industry. Many of which are hero props and used by the main characters. Included are alot of the Hellboy I and II props.

I will try and take some more shots of everything that I can get my greedy little hands on!:love

My friend has made stuff for Batman Begins, Hellboy I and II, Sunshine, Sleepy hollow, Star Wars, Stardust, Tomb Raider and Judge Dredd to name but a few.

I'll update as soon as I can.............

I'm a big fan of that lil gun, I love how model making is coming back into fashion now.

That list of credits sounds familiar... Don't suppose there's a vacancy, is there...? :)

COOL! was the big baby a complete scratchbuild or did they use a toy winchester as a base?

Would be interrested to hear what they worked on for Sleepy Hollow and Tombraider.

cheers and looking forward to the pics.

Marc

Ok guys,

Like I said I will try and get some shots of what ever I can. I will definately get some of the Big baby, as for the other films I'll have to see when I am at the work shop. Alot of stuff my friend never got back from the film companies but he did make extra, not screen used but made at the same time as a keep sake. ( lucky for us:))
My mate is very busy at the mo so I might not get as many as I like but I will try. If I only get the Big Baby now I will try and get more in the future.

His company made most of the weapons and swords and the huge telescope for tomb raider, For Sleepy hollow they made Johnny Depps glasses, his medical bag and the iron maiden. The guns in judge dredd, Batmans Batbelt, Batterangs and Gun in Batman begins, The doors and lighting on the Sunshine spaceship (I worked on these too) The full size Fab 1 and Thunderbird 4 for the Thunderbirds film. Vin Diesels gun and gadgets including the computer on the Sub in XXX. The Stage coach in Stardust, and so much more.:love

I know I sound like I'm name dropping but he really has made an outstanding collection of props over the years and I had the fortune to work or him for a couple of years. As I have said he is a very good friend and a humble man and I don't want to take the p***.

Anyway, bye for now and I should hopefully have something nice for you all to look at in a few days (fingers crossed).

Mark.;)

Hey Mark,
That's awesome of you to get all these pics for us!:love:thumbsup
Also, see if you could pick his brain on how he built the "Big Baby" gun? Maybe list of parts, blueprints, whatever you can get?

Thanks!

I'd love to see detailed photos of Johnny Depp's / Ichabod Crane's detective glasses from Sleepy Hollow.

I almost bought that Sleepy Hollow Iron Maiden when PSoL was selling off so many wonderful pieces way back when, but the shipping charges from the U.K. scared me off. :eek

I do have the Horseman's battle jacket and one of the four steel right hand axes that were made. I've also almost purchased Christina Van Tassel's riding costume twice, but was unable to close the deal.

Just a wonderful, beautiful Burton movie with incredible production values. Please tell your friend that they did classic work for that film.

I'd love to see detailed photos of Johnny Depp's / Ichabod Crane's detective glasses from Sleepy Hollow.

I almost bought that Sleepy Hollow Iron Maiden when PSoL was selling off so many wonderful pieces way back when, but the shipping charges from the U.K. scared me off. :eek

I do have the Horseman's battle jacket and one of the four steel right hand axes that were made. I've also almost purchased Christina Van Tassel's riding costume twice, but was unable to close the deal.

Just a wonderful, beautiful Burton movie with incredible production values. Please tell your friend that they did classic work for that film.

Thanks, I will pass your kind words on.
I will hopefully be in the workshop tomorrow, so keep those fingers crossed and I should have some pics very soon.:love

Oh god they arent responsible for the cardboard tube with a cam on the side that was called a rocket launcher in xXx were they? :lol

The "nikita" style rocket launcher? I was able to suspend disbelief. Not saying I could do any better, but I'd love to give it a try someday. How do they stop people walking off with props after a shoot...?

OK Guys and Gals,

I have a dilemma, I have some pics of the Big Baby and a couple of other bits but My mate has sold the rights and molds to sideshow for their limited run and he is a bit worried it will get back to them?

What does anyone suggest?

:confused

Sideshow has pictures of it on their website already from all angles. So, it's not like it's a big secret or anything, but I don't know the laws regarding it.
What kind of pictures are they that differ from what Sideshow has?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back