Hellboy big baby gun. Pics to come.

Sideshow has pictures of it on their website already from all angles. So, it's not like it's a big secret or anything, but I don't know the laws regarding it.
What kind of pictures are they that differ from what Sideshow has?

I would tend to agree, it's nothing hush/hush top secret. Generally the person who takes a photo has the copyright on those photos and can do as they see fit, as long as you didn't break any laws (trespassing/break-n-enter, assault a security guard to get the shot) to get those photos or the photos are of blueprints/schematics.

Only way I could see him getting in trouble is if he violated the license rights he sold by making a new mold and selling castings

I'm afraid the Batman stuff is under lock and key as there are alot of people fighting for the license for that.:cry

In fact most of the stuff I thought I might get has never been returned by the film companies.

I do have some more pics of the gun. I may post them later if I am feeling daring!

Go ahead and post them! I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just like if you took pictures of the props as if they were on exhibit somewhere.
Is there any blueprints of the Big Baby available? Any found items that can be obtained to start building one? Any kind of information? Anything?

Thanks again for posting these!:cool:thumbsup

Go ahead and post them! I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just like if you took pictures of the props as if they were on exhibit somewhere.
Is there any blueprints of the Big Baby available? Any found items that can be obtained to start building one? Any kind of information? Anything?

Thanks again for posting these!:cool:thumbsup
All blueprints , molds and almost everything went to sideshow I'm afraid.:angry

But I can tell you that it was all made from scratch so there is no news on found parts etc.:unsure

Great pics. :thumbsup

Just wondering though- is that the actual screen-used prop? At first glance it looks very close to the one Sidehow has on their site as a prototype. I also noticed that the baby logo appears to be a decal... looks like there's a raised edge on it.

Great pics. :thumbsup

Just wondering though- is that the actual screen-used prop? At first glance it looks very close to the one Sidehow has on their site as a prototype. I also noticed that the baby logo appears to be a decal... looks like there's a raised edge on it.

hi Joe,

I don't think this was screen used but it exactly the same in every way. When my mate made them he made 3 finished ones and proto unpainted one. I think it is a decal, my mate was so busy and a worried about me taking loads of photos that I really didn't get loads of time to scrutinize it.
All the molds, rights and everything except the gun you see and the proto went to Sideshow. So the Sideshow version should be pretty spot on as it uses the original molds.

Good Lord that is a big gun. Could you say what materials it is made from? Really good pictures, thanks alot!

What better way to make a replica, than to use the original moulds.

That certainly bodes well for the final product. There's probably no way your mate's original molds are being used to do the entire run but it's nice to know the pedigree i there. (Makes me glad I ordered one even though I'm gonna have to sell a lung to pay for it!)

hi Joe,

I don't think this was screen used but it exactly the same in every way. When my mate made them he made 3 finished ones and proto unpainted one. I think it is a decal, my mate was so busy and a worried about me taking loads of photos that I really didn't get loads of time to scrutinize it.
All the molds, rights and everything except the gun you see and the proto went to Sideshow. So the Sideshow version should be pretty spot on as it uses the original molds.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back