My Dalek.

Egon Spengler

Master Member
I've been working hard building a full sized Dalek from the new series of Doctor Who. It is not yet complete but I figured I'd share it with you all.

NewDalek1.jpg

Picture-231.jpg

Picture-232.jpg

Nifty! I tried and failed to build one in my very small bedsit with the aim of an collapsible and easy-to-transport Dalek. Best of luck with the project. How are you planning on the 58 hemispheres? The homebrew "plastic in the oven over a former" technique?

I'm going with the squueze the split skirt, and the base into the back of the car, the neck into the trunk with the shoulders transporting method. -laughs-

For the 58 hemis I'm using these.

101_21811copy.jpg

Still need to buy more.

Nifty! I tried and failed to build one in my very small bedsit with the aim of an collapsible and easy-to-transport Dalek. Best of luck with the project. How are you planning on the 58 hemispheres? The homebrew "plastic in the oven over a former" technique?

Steve: Thanks!! These things are way bigger than I expected!

protokev: No Cardboard, all wood. Hardboard and MDF on this build.

Szyntax: Wow! I get your first post on the rpf and its a compliment from you to me! Thanks! :)

The dome I'll probably have to make out of fiberglass. Not really looking forward to that bit of work honestly.

The dome is perhaps the least fun part of the build, next to sourcing materials. I was just lucky enough to find a suitably shaped steel dome on my walks around campus. It used to the be top of a fancy spherical lamp post. Also came with this giant plastic ball that I couldn't think what to do with. Sent it packing in a skip when I couldn't finish the project :-(

Looks awesome so far, gotta love the hardboard, I am using it on my console. Can't wait to see the progress on this.

Karsten

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back