Luke's ROTJ Saber and costume on display at NASA

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
These pics are probably 2 years old. I was going through some disks and I found them and wasn't sure if I posted - which was the only reason I even took the pics. I apologize for not getting better shots but I had no idea this display was even going to be there that day and we all we had with us was my wife's little camera. I also have no idea what the story is behind this saber - the little card just said "Luke's ORIGINAL saber" and this is NASA so they should know:unsure. I think this is the one they took into space withe them on the shuttle.

P1010066.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010059-1.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010063-1.jpg

P1010064-1.jpg

P1010065-1.jpg

Great shots, and yes, that is the one that went to space. It's the Luke/OWK Shared Stunt saber.

And do you realize what your pictures have just done? You've proven that everyone who has built one of these and cut a small rectangular hole in the clamp on the lever side (like I have) has munged up a perfectly good clamp. There never was a hole there. You can clearly see in your shots that it's just a small section of the silver tape that was scraped away.

Crap.

Last edited:
Great shots, and yes, that is the one that went to space. It's the Luke/OWK Shared Stunt saber.

And do you realize what your pictures have just done? You've proven that everyone who has built one of these and cut a small rectangular hole in the clamp on the lever side (like I have) has munged up a perfectly good clamp. There never was a hole there. You can clearly see in your shots that it's just a small section of the silver tape that was scraped away.

Crap.

I wish I could have gotten better pics but to tell you the truth when I was taking these I was so sure the saber was fake. Here are a couple more

P1010049.jpg

P1010051.jpg

Cool pics

I have to say my knowledge of Sabers is very weak but I'm presuming there was an ANH OWK/RotJ LUKE Hero saber?

Cheers

Jez

The design of Luke's ROTJ saber was based on the OWK stunts from ANH.
Since the sabers were so similar they still used the ANH OWK stunts in ROTJ. They were used during sword fighting practice behind the scenes in ESB as well.

The Hero sabers are separate. There was an OWK Hero saber (or 2) and a couple versions of the Luke ROTJ Hero. Only the two stunt saber props were used by both.

I wish I could have gotten better pics but to tell you the truth when I was taking these I was so sure the saber was fake. Here are a couple more

Cool pics! I remember seeing this saber and realising what a piece of crap it is, seems like you had the same feeling!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back