Don Post Deluxe Vader Restoration Project FINISHED! (Pic Intense--new pics page 3)

Re: Don Post Deluxe Vader Restoration Project FINISHED! (Pic Intense--new pics page 3

I've got a Vader helmet (not sure where it's derived from) that I want to get finished come this spring. Your thread has given me inspiration! What kind of bondo are you using? Is it premixed or something you have to mix? I want to get some sharp clean details.

Last edited:
Re: Don Post Deluxe Vader Restoration Project FINISHED! (Pic Intense--new pics page 3

I've got a Vader helmet (not sure where it's derived from) that I want to get finished come this spring. You're thread has given me inspiration! What kind of bondo are you using? Is it premixed or something you have to mix? I want to get some sharp clean details.

:$ Wow, Thanks for all the kind words guys! Steveo I started with regular two-part Bondo auto body filler along the cheeks and sides. Then for the majority of the work I used a tube of Spot-Filler. I kind of wish I had used more of the two-part stuff as it is tougher. I had some repair work to do occasionally when it would accidentally get scuffed or dented and I think the two-part might have been a little more resistant.

It's funny I went slowly with this project to try and get everything right the first time. Now that I've had it sitting next to me in the office for a few weeks I've noticed two areas that I would like to correct--neither of which I can do without ruining everything of course so I'll have to live with it--lol.

For small repair jobs I would recommend magic sculpt. It blends perfectly with the resin, as it is a resin product. It's a two-part product that you can smooth out while working with it, just dab a finger in some water and run it across the surface to smooth.

Fully hardens after 24 hours. Good stuff and perfect for these resin/fiberglass helmets. :thumbsup

And I know how you feel. Curse the perfectionist gene! :lol

Awesome Job! :thumbsup

Great work!!! That came out really nice :love

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back