SS TIE Bomber

Not necessary from an old kit, one of my Harrier kit was reissue from 2006 or 2007 with extra parts for a newer version (but all the old parts were here :)).

Thanks Julien, I always wondered if the newer releases had the same parts, now I know!.
The part needed for the Tie Bomber is not that hard to scratch, of course you need the kit to match the part but when I built mine I didn't have the kit and scratched it and was very happy with the final result!.
If anyone wants this part I could loan it out or work out something else, let me know!.
Stu

Not necessary from an old kit, one of my Harrier kit was reissue from 2006 or 2007 with extra parts for a newer version (but all the old parts were here :)).

It turns out that it's part #55 in any of the Airfix Harrier kits. I found out on another forum. I had missed it the first time I did a search through my sprues.

Can the Revell Saturn V be used for parts?

Hi,

If you are thinking of the Revell 1/96th Saturn 5, then no!. Wrong scale.
If your'e thinking Revell/ Monogram 1/144th scale, right scale but I'm pretty sure the parts are different to the Airfix kit.
The Airfix 1/144th is the one you need and it has recently been re-issued.
Stu

Hi,

If you are thinking of the Revell 1/96th Saturn 5, then no!. Wrong scale.
If your'e thinking Revell/ Monogram 1/144th scale, right scale but I'm pretty sure the parts are different to the Airfix kit.
The Airfix 1/144th is the one you need and it has recently been re-issued.
Stu

Hi,

Sorry, its the 1/144th Revell. The Airfix is $79.00 the Revell $30.00, this will be my first attempt at something like this, I'm not too concerened with 100% accuracy and I'm not sure what parts I need from the Airfix kit so I'm hoping I can get buy with the cheaper model.

Cheers

If you're not too concerned by accuracy, I thing the Revell-Monogram should work.

You'll need the cone shaped part which links the second and third stages of the rocket :

Monogram%20Saturn%20V%20parts10.jpg

(it's cut to get just a rim)

You also need this part :

Monogram%20Saturn%20V%20parts12.jpg

For comparison here's the Airfix parts :

satvpts4.jpg

Here the cone shaped part is not a separate part but is molded with the second stage halves.

satvpts5.jpg

(the part next to the wooden ruler)http://studioscale.com/images/Kit Photos/Airfx/airfix saturn/satvpts5.jpg

Hi,

Sorry, its the 1/144th Revell. The Airfix is $79.00 the Revell $30.00, this will be my first attempt at something like this, I'm not too concerened with 100% accuracy and I'm not sure what parts I need from the Airfix kit so I'm hoping I can get buy with the cheaper model.

Cheers

You should be able to find an Airfix on Ebay for around $50.00.That's about how much I paid for mine shipped.You have to look every day & wait for a good deal,may take some time.Good luck with your search & build.

Dave

Super, thanks for the pictures and info, silly question but if I buy two Revells will I have the close to the proper parts for the engines on the Y and X wings?

Cheers

You should be able to find an Airfix on Ebay for around $50.00.That's about how much I paid for mine shipped.You have to look every day & wait for a good deal,may take some time.Good luck with your search & build.

Dave

Thanks for the heads up, $80.00 is a little steep.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back