SS TIE Bomber

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hey guys, here's my TIE Bomber I built some times ago cuz I noticed I was owning almost all the kits needed to build it. :) Unfortunatly I'm missing the Shinano parts !

tb26.jpg

tb27.jpg

tb28.jpg

tb29.jpg

tb30.jpg

tb31.jpg

The wings are not glued yet, that's why they are a bit misaligned in some pics :)

My red LED's are on their way and I should receive them soon.
Some pics of the in progress work :

np1.jpg

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

tb6.jpg

tb8.jpg

tb13.jpg

tb15.jpg

tb16.jpg

tb17.jpg

tb25.jpg

I hope you like it.

That looks great!How many kits are used in this one....about 6 or so?MPC Vader's Tie, Airfix Saturn V, and I think a couple of 1/35 scale Tank kits...and a 1/700 scale battle ship part?I don't remember.

Many thanks guys !

Allan, I have to reckon I your TIE Bomber and Ro's were a great source of inspiration and helped me a lot to figure things ! :)

That looks great!How many kits are used in this one....about 6 or so?MPC Vader's Tie, Airfix Saturn V, and I think a couple of 1/35 scale Tank kits...and a 1/700 scale battle ship part?I don't remember.

Here's the list someone compiled, I think it was a RPF member, correct me if I'm wrong :)

Airfix Apollo Saturn V (x2)
Airfix Hawker Harrier AV 8AGr (x2)
Hasegawa Leopold German Railway Gun K5(E) (x5)
Hasegawa Morser Karl German 600mm on Railway Carrier (x5)
MPC Darth Vader Tie Fighter (x2)
Tamiya 20mm Flak 38 Flakveiling Sd.Kfz.71 Truck mounted (quad gun) (x4)
Tamiya 88 mm flak gun
Tamiya British 25PDR Field Gun
Tamiya British Battleship HMS Prince of Whales
Tamiya British Battleship HMS Rodney
Tamiya Hanomag Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Armored Half-Track (x4)
Tamiya Japanese Aircraft Carrier Shinano (77024)
Tamiya Japanese Battleship Yamato (Original)
Tamiya M3 Lee Middle Tank (35039)

A most excellent build mate!. Mines not too far away been waiting for one last kit to arrive, finally has yeeha. Is'nt it amazing how this small model can suck a lot of money for donor parts, a bit like Lee with his TESB walker.
Again great job and truly an inspiration to keep goin on mine.
Stu

Yeah I agree, it's very small but wowwww how many redundant donors it needs ! And not the ones at $10 :lol

This kind of models (TESB despatch pod, TIE Bomber) are a trap... you think it will be quick and cheap and you end up with ton of kits to buy :lol

Lovely job !!

You need the Tamiya Scharnhorst too for those tiny details that go on the front of the center box, above and to the left of the rodney part.

Phil

Many thanks Isel and Phil ! :)

Phil, I was told those parts were from the vintage Shinano ! Are you sure they come from the Scharnhorst ? I could have a better chance to find it ! Hopefully this one was not retooled... :lol

Yep it's the scharnhorst for sure. Kit no:WL B118 1/700th. they're part numbers A11 or A12.

TIE_Bomber079.jpg

The one marked in green

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:

The part in the blue box (Prince of Wales, Part B5) doesn't seem to be on the Tie Bomber in the Chronicles pics, but appears in the MOM tour photos (and this series by Uwe Fischer). It seems to be added later and usually has the middle post snapped off. Does anyone know if this was on the filmed version and just pushed up under the Rodney part a bit further and thus hidden from a front view?
Julien, the Scharnhorst parts are in the currently available kits, no need to worry about re-tools here. The Shinano parts, however, are in the old tool kit and go on top of the left fuselage in front of the Lee fenders and an top of and in the middle of the centre box-section.

Cheers, JT

Hey J, thanks for the info, I was not sure for the PoW part and TBH I lost this part from my kit so I will leave it blank !
Maybe Rolando knows more about this part ;)

First I would like to thank Phil (tk1608) and John (Rats) to have given me the possibility to finish this model !

Thanks to you both for your kindness and generosity guys !

I would also thank Allan (Imaginager) and Rolando (Echoleader) for their build-ups, they were trully a great source of inspiration and infos !

Now the new pics, still have to put a flat clear coat on it and to glue the wings (as youo can notice they are once again misaligned :rolleyes).

And yeah, the rough wooden stand with paint splashes is the final stand... I love working stand for display purpose ;)

tb32.jpg

tb33.jpg

tb34.jpg

tb35.jpg

tb36.jpg

And no display case.... Never ! I love dust on my models, they achieve the final weathering ! :lol

I wish you all a happy new year guys !

Have a great one ;)

Julien

Woohoo looks amazing, a top notch build my friend!. One of the best bombers out there dude. Mines not too far away (don't know how many times Iv'e said that) and seeing yours sparks the creative juices again.
Now, what are you going to do with all the left over cut pieces and left over kits lol?.
Happy new year to you, have a good one!
Stu:cool

Hey Stu,

Thanks for the kind words !

Haha actually I used all my left over parts from the kit I bought for other projects, fortunatly the parts used on the bomber were not the same ;) I just bought one more Leo (still need one to cap the bottom mounting point when I display it from the back or from the front).

I dont think it's one of the best, Ive never seen a bad TIE Bomber built they are all good, all different and that's why that's cool, we can notice the personal touch of each one !

Mine is wrong in many ways, my bodies are too short by 1mm, the crossing tube is too large by 1mm, the strip and plates on the hull should be 0.3mm thicker... lol and I forget to put the tiny screws which are on the wing hubs ! :)

I remember Ive seen your bomber a while back and it was very close to be finished ! So keep up the good work and keep us posted my friend ;)

Happy new year ! ;)

[edit] Oops I just noticed that I have to drawn the lines on the leo parts which are on the front and on the back of the crossing tube !

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back