Death Star Surface Tiles

I empathise with that dilemma. That's why if I were making DS panels for my own personal displays, I just wouldn't replicate the one with the R2 strip, for example. But when I'm replicating a specific model (as opposed to a spaceship), then I'm compelled to go ahead and use that stuff. That's part of the madness of us Studio Scale nutjobs. :)

minifig, those parts were subassemblies and needed to be molded anyway. Even the elefant part had other parts stuck on it, and they needed four per ship. Even if they only made two wing molds, they still needed duplicates of those sub-assemblies to prepare the masters.

Plus, most of the hero X-Wings had scratchbuilt wings, not solid one-piece castings.

To me, having the R2 strip on the models is just as bad as having the tanks kits!!!!!!!!
But in the end, I wanted to do copies of the hero death star surface modules, so i'll copy them as well as I can (but i'm afraid i'm going to be a bit lazy about accurately copying the panel lines!)

Last edited:
Finally have the second set of four 6"x6" tiles finished! Is that 2 years since my last post?!!!
dstset2square.jpg

dstt5.jpg

dstt6.jpg

dstt7.jpg

dstt8.jpg

I reckon they're gonna be pretty steep I'm afraid, probably £15 per tile (6") or per 4 (3") including shipping, though I'll be able to do a bit of a discount if you buy a set of 4 (£50).

I have the smaller 3" ones and love them as bases for my FM 1/72 kits. I'll have to look into these for the larger kits I plan on completing.

Those are impressive...I can see a head board made out of them...

Funny!!! I clicked on this thread because that is exactly what I have in mind, and wanted to see how far along these had come. Not sure i f it will be a full headboard, or jsut put these along the top border. I'm really diggin' the idea though. Gotta finish my custom dvd cabinet/ entertainment platform first.

Hi,

I would like to buy a full set of the 6" tiles and would like to PM you (Minifig) but not sure how to do this can you help please
Rgs
Lamboman

PM the man. I did and now have a set at home. I have not nitpicked every single tile... but the couple I unpacked were cast nicely with no visible bubbles. VERY applicable for bases for models like the fine Molds fighters and such... and I'm sure would look fantastic laid end to end a al death star surface...

Jedi Dade

Sent you a PM Lamboman
Glad you got them ok Jedidade and let me know if you have any problems with the ones you haven't unpacked yet!!!
Minifig

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back