Saiyan Armor Progress (Update pg 3)

BLAST

Hello all. With news of a Dragonball movie on the way, I decided it was time to work on a costume I've always wanted to see done well. This is my first serious sculpt, so go easy on me.

vejiita.jpg

frontdg5.jpg

front2rx0.jpg

backlo5.jpg

skirtxq0.jpg

I'm using Chavant NSP Soft, which is a great clay, but a little too soft for me as a beginner. It's taken me a while to get it this smooth, and I still have a lot left to tool out. Next will be a hydrocal mold for a fiberglass cast that I can bondo and clean up. Then a silicone mold with armor casts in urethane rubber.

I'm also working on kits of these bad boys:

scouter1vp0.jpg

Thanks for looking!:)

Last edited:
Re: Saiyan Armor Progress thread

Great work so far... You don't need any input, because everything already looks good...;)

Absolutely amazing, so much so it pulled me out of my lurking :angel

Oddly enough I was thinking about how Saiyan armour would look when made like this, so consider me hooked! Im curious if your going to go all the way with the crazy hair and what not.

Obviously you stated yourself it needs smoothing. But looks great! How are you going to add the line details on the shoulders? Paint or groves? or both!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm going to wait and put the grooves in after I've got a fiberglass cast. I just can't see myself making straight, perfect lines in soft clay. For the hair I'm going with a real world approach. It will be shorter but the key elements will be there, like they've done with the new film's hairstyles. I'm toning down the blue jumpsuit as well.

Oh man just make sure you get up with me when this is done. I MUST have a set of this.

Excellent job! It would be awesome to do a lifesize Vegeta (which is like what...4' 11"?) :lol

-Joe

looks great and i love the scouter

will you make the other fight suit?

trunks01.gif

Last edited:

Whow that looks realy cool!! Whow!!

Do you think you can make more of these??
That would be really cool!!

Greetz,

Daska

Looks good,just make sure the dummy isn't smaller than you.

I sculpt on a shop dummy and even though I'm pretty slim mine's still smaller than me.

That is Killer!! I was always a bit more in to the 2nd style of saiyan armor
pic removed DS beat me to it.

Can you tell I'm a dbz fan:lol

There was a member on here years ago that was making the armor you see trunks wearing above....I was SSSOOOO down for that.

BTW...I cant help but think this movie is gonna suck.

Yeah, I'd always preferred the later armor, but the shoulder pad version is just classic IMO. Also, I started building the scouter before I started the sculpt. If this does well though, I had planned to make that set as well.

The movie might suck, but I'm still optimistic. I like the designs so far, and I at least look forward to the fight scenes. I just can't believe Krillin seems to have been left out. :thumbsdown

Anyway, hopefully I'll have a new update on the armor later today.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back