My firefly collection so far. (new pics added on page 3)

jason1976

Sr Member
My firefly collection so far.

I know there are threads for showing off most of these pieces, but most of them are so old, I figured no-one would talk a look at any of this if I posted there, but feel free to move this if you need to. :)

Most of this stuff isn't finished to my satisfaction yet, but I had some film to use up, so I figured, since I have the pics way not post them. :)

firefly1.jpg

firefly2.jpg

Wilco resin Zoe cut down rifle kit (finished by me), Wilco resin Jayne guy kit (re-finished by me. ), modified Dinex "colt 1860 Army" (modified by me) to replicate Zoe's pistol from the fist episode. (serenity. )

mal1-1.jpg

mal2-1.jpg

Sidkit (top) finished by me. (I would like to add some weathering later) One of Phil's resin Castings of the original Mal pistol (bottom) (I would like to add some weathering later)

pantry7.jpg

Some assorted bits and pieces .:)

I hope to have more finished, and better pics soon. I have Jaynes big knife, but it's not in the pics, I'm also working on Mals screwdriver from serenity, and Zoe's knife from serenity. :)

Last edited:
Re: My firefly collection so far.

I'm working on a display for my limited but growing collection. Thinking of getting the Sidkit and definitely want a "Boo" as well.

Shiny! I like how you display the bills and id's! Cool idea! :thumbsup

Those are sweeet! I just got into Firefly as of late so it's very exciting to see some replicas! :)

Great stuff - Love your Zoe! It's all about the guns. ;)

I miss Firefly.

Got this from another member a couple months ago. Gave it a bit of a facelift...

I've never posted this before - say the word if you want me to post to another thread. You just reminded me of how much I love this design!

shiny1.jpg

shiny3.jpg

Last edited:

Cool Mal guns. I prefer the Firefly version over the Serenity version.

Great stuff - Love your Zoe! It's all about the guns. ;)

I miss Firefly.

Got this from another member a couple months ago. Gave it a bit of a facelift...

I've never posted this before - say the word if you want me to post to another thread. You just reminded me of how much I love this design!

shiny1.jpg

shiny3.jpg

Looks great! Care to share what you do to it?

MAAAAN!
Now I gotta take pics of MY stuff.
Heck, I gotta get me some MORE stuff. :)

Last edited:

Has anybody ever thought of doing non standard versions of the Mal? Seems to me Whitefall did a poster of the different models of the gun (non canon) and he called it the Liberty Hammer series. I was thinking of getting one only doing it in more of a steel look with ivory or pearl handles with maybe a 57th Overlander inlay in the grip. Perhaps it could be an Officer's sidearm...

Nice collection. I picked up a pair of River's goggles from Serenity on Saturday at a surplus shop - So other than DVD's, that's all I have Firefly wise.:) I wouldn't mind pickin' up a few guns though...

imaginager, I don't mind you postin' your stuff here. :) It looks really good. I can't wait to weather mine up a little.

As far as displaying mine, I'm a closet collector. :lol If you take a look at my old thread showing my whole collection (link bellow) you'll see I don't have any place for new stuff, so I've set up a display in a closet, and that's were the guns go. :( It's actual ok looking, and in my part of town, it's probably safer, but it would be nice to have them out.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=26807&highlight=collection

I tried "blueing" my sidkit, over, and over again, but couldn't get the finish I wanted. so I air brushed it with "Nato black" (by Tamya) Witch is a very dark gray-ish color, identical to the darker of the blueing I got from chemicals. The grips are just the resin ones that came with the kit, and I "wood grained" them . ( I need to take a closer pic of them. they turned out good, but not great.)

On the Resin Mal, I used Dupli-color "Storm gray". I love this color, it's like very dark steel, and looks very realistically metallic. It's really a little too light, and metallic, for this gun, but I like it too much to fix it. :) (the grips were dun in the same way as my other Mal, the lighter steel parts were done with a costume air brush color I did, but I liked the paint I used when I did this gun for someone else better. (it was more metal looking. )

The Zoe Mares Leg, is just Krylon Simi-flat black, browns for "wood graining", Tamya "light gunmetal" for the butt plate, and some tamya brass, and gunmetal highlights. (the wood grain on the grips turn out really good, I need to get some close ups for that soon) The biggest challenge with this kit was, it was a one piece kit, but when it came to my door, a section of the large loop had broken away. Wilco was really nice, and offered to replace it, but I wanted to try to fix it myself. After trying to glue it, over, and over again. I finally used a pin press to drill three holes in each end of the broken off piece, and three in each of the parts it attached to, and then put three pins at each end (6 total) with a bunch of JB weld, and sanded it back. Now not only can you not tell where it was broken, but it's probably one of the strongest parts of the whole loop. :) It's one of my favorite pieces. I've always loved this gun, the kit is great, the price was great. (I mean, that's a lot of well cast resin, for $50. :) ) And, it's triple the prop, because not only did Zoe us one of these, but the same gun was used on Brisco county JR, and that style was used on that old Steve McQueen show. (I forget what it was called. )

I also have 3 or 4 of Jayne's T-shirts, and I did a Mal costume recently ,but I don't have any pics yet.

Jason, how are you going display the guns?

Sup keelhauler, its that guy that cant find the sweet jayne hats. I kept going back to the store but they never had them in stock. Sorry 'bout that bro.

Nice collection btw. did you model the le mat off a replica, or resin?

my lemat is just one of wilcos resin kits. I still need to replace the guard, and the lanyard ring.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back