Is Marco Enterprises still around?

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
...I was just explaining 80's and 90's prop collecting to a young guy, and got feeling nostalgic for those great old catalogs. :$

Does anyone know if he's still in the game? Could someone PM me the address?

Thanks!

-Sarge

Someone had a scan of an old catalog a while back. Man, I wore the staples out of mine when I was in high school! lol

I Have the blue catalogue. Have to search for it. I bought my MARCO costume back in 1992. But I didn´t like it very much. I even liked my scatch build more, that I made from syrene in 1990. So I sold it, and bought a Stormtropper costume from Cameron Oakley in 1996. That was the first step to an adorable one for me...

Man those were the days, pre internet and VHS for reference. I bought a Stormtrooper in 1992 with the winnings from a drunken Keno night. I remember opening the box in my childhood log cabin in Utah an thinking it was the happiest day of my life. I applaud them for providing the best of what was available at the time. Today it wouldnt be up to par but that was a different era.
Christian

OK, this is really bizarre but I loved those old catalogs (which I havent seen in 20 years) so much that I actually think I REMEMBER the address. I BELIEVE it was
Marco Ent
293 Spruce St
Anaheim, CA
I could be wrong but that is the address that flashed in to my head two decades later. If someone could confirm it it would be a hoot to see how close I am (if at all).

Thats close, We won the group entry at Comicon in 95 with help from my heavily modified Marco costume.

Hey Sgt..I tried contacting John several months back over at the TPZ..Tried though an email addy I had for him as well as snail mail, the letter came back as "not at this address".

The email seem to go through but never received a response.

I am not sure where he is these days.

Roger

Man those were the days, pre internet and VHS for reference. I bought a Stormtrooper in 1992 with the winnings from a drunken Keno night. I remember opening the box in my childhood log cabin in Utah an thinking it was the happiest day of my life. I applaud them for providing the best of what was available at the time. Today it wouldnt be up to par but that was a different era.
Christian

Me too man, me too.

well,...except for the log cabin in Utah,....and drunken Keno.

OK, this is really bizarre but I loved those old catalogs (which I havent seen in 20 years) so much that I actually think I REMEMBER the address. I BELIEVE it was
Marco Ent
293 Spruce St
Anaheim, CA
I could be wrong but that is the address that flashed in to my head two decades later. If someone could confirm it it would be a hoot to see how close I am (if at all).

Thats the snail-mail addy I had for him! :thumbsup

Marco was THE MAN.

I remember his R2 unit circa 1980.

Got me started on mine. (that I finished 25 years later)...

BrianM

Thanks for sharing Jay, man that brings back memories, I bought a few things from Marco back in the day.

Love seeing the old catalogs :)

I purchased a stack of paper odds and ends from a dealer at a con back in February. Included were 3 or 4 Marco catalogs. Pretty cool looking through these. Real trip down memory lane.

I too have stuff I got from Marco. Great costumer service. If I would send my money on Monday the next Monday I would get what I paid for and I would get a free gift. Buy a Star Trek phaser get a scanner for free. Buy BSG pistol get a metal cubit. Nothing big just something to say thanks for your bussiness.
I have a friend that has a huge collection of cataloges and supplements. He is not a member here. But when there was a queation when Blade Runner gun 1 st appeared in the Marco catalog he had the answer in about 5 minutes.
Just fun remembering.
Mark

Marco is what actually got my collection started. I still have my Marco pulse rifle! And Han Solo pistol, lol. He made a pretty cool metal Princess Leia ANH blaster too that I had for years.
Most of his stuff was over or undersized with airbubbles, but back in the old days it was still pretty cool.
Oh yeah, I forgot, I got a TIE pilot helmet from him too that was just simply HORRIBLE. I have all the catalogs packed away somewhere too.

I must say, he was a WEIRD dude. He'd fill his catalogs with political statements, pictures of amputee children, and near the end of his business he said he was not going to be doing business until Clinton got out of office. He sort of came across like the Unabomber.

He was the only person that I ever knew of to offer Captain Power robot armor, LOL!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back