Is Marco Enterprises still around?

This sure is a blast from the past...back in the 80s I was trying to get as many sales as possable and I was wholeselling to other dealers, and for a short time I sold to Marco some of my props, like Red Trigger Phasers, Light only Galaticas and Logan's Run Guns..I used to deliver these to him at his home/shop.

IF I remember correctly he said he had a muffer shop before he got into props, and he said that was how he made his frist Light Sabers..from tail pipe...

He like many of us had better details on the peops, he just did not care how accurate he made them as long as he could sell them.. one of the reasons I stoped selling to him...

And he was charactor from the beginning...even for fandom...

I beleive he shaved his head so he could protray the City Controller from City in the Clouds in Star Wars, and he looked the part totaly with the head set on...

IF I had know that these days and cons would only last the 80s and be more or less gone by the 90s, I would not missed a single one..IT IS my only regreat...the ones I missed...

Rich

Alright here are some of the rare to non existent Star Trek Marco props. I have others but they are fairly common ones that I see fairly regularly. The PADD is very thick but the right size. It has lights and sounds and is actually pretty nice and I found out it was a prototype for a convention but none were ordered and he never made more. (the left of the view screen is just glare...it is perfect) The communicator is an alright version with white lights and sound. The phaser is probably the only one ever purchased because they were God awful expensive in 1983 at $250 and was item number 201. It is however, the only phaser I have ever seen that can actually kill or stun depending on how hard you hit the guy over the head with it since it weighs about 10 pounds of steel, electronics and aluminum!!! It is huge and UGLY but extremely rare. It has more light and sound options than any phaser I own or have ever seen.

wko5jl.jpg

I think I may be that young guy haha

I have to say, compared to today, this catalog feels a lot more...real and honest than places like master replicas or efx, it doesn't look doused in accuracy and artistic design decisions. i mean accuracy is what we're looking for but for the drama, sometimes it's not worth it.

Let alone, accuracy wise Marco's still looks incredible next to toys back then

Marco's stuff is in a class all its own. Not accurate but for a lot of us back in the day his props were the had to have items. I remember the 1st couple of pieces I bought from him. A STII phaser and a DS gun. He threw in a DS follower, Mirror Mirror dagger and agonizer as extras. There was a lot of pew pew pew going on around my house that day. :D

I still have one of his catalogs around here somewhere...I can never bring myself to throw away something so cool! Mine is from the about 89 or 90 and has the Stormtrooper armour on the cover...I just wish I had the cash back then to actually buy something. I loved his BSG stuff.

My God! Those catalogs really were "the stuff that dreams are made of". Unfortunately, I could never afford anything. So, dreaming about owning things from those wonderful catalogs was all I could do.

Old Thread Bump.

Did anyone get any of the Marco Enterprises Uniforms?

I see they offered these as well but no Member has mentioned having one.

I wanted to ask Quality, Accuracy, your Happiness with it, any pictures, Pros/Cons.

Thanks...Jeremiah

It will be interesting to see if any one will cop to this! :lol

Old Thread Bump.

Did anyone get any of the Marco Enterprises Uniforms?

I see they offered these as well but no Member has mentioned having one.

I wanted to ask Quality, Accuracy, your Happiness with it, any pictures, Pros/Cons.

Thanks...Jeremiah

I did see a few color pictures of the Marco TOS Tunics.

Shoulder zipper and nice velour/velux material,
real braid and patch.

IMO..they were a step up from the Rubies.

He advertised Monster Maroons.

I see he also offered full body Star Wars uniforms also.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back