Go-Motion ROTJ AT-ST full scratch

Your just way too good J, I have spotted a big flaw in your work...its in Paris & not manchester. When did you say you were kitting this again? Simply stunning mate

:lol

Thanks guys ! :)

I played a bit with her :

rotjatst206.jpg

rotjatst207.jpg

rotjatst208.jpg

rotjatst209.jpg

rotjatst210.jpg

Last edited:
Thats so damn cool Julien, unreal just how articulate these props were, finally, your reaching your goal, and an ROTJ thats looks the real deal and correctly proportioned too lol.

lee

Hey guys !

Always more accurate ! I received from a friend (I dont know if I can name him but thanks !) this piece of original Koolshade used on the Star Wars miniatures.

You can clearly see the difference between the old and the new (the new is with the more spaced strips) :

rotjatst211.jpg

rotjatst212.jpg

And now some pics once installed under sunlight (there were some clouds though) :

rotjatst213.jpg

rotjatst214.jpg

rotjatst215.jpg

rotjatst216.jpg

rotjatst217.jpg

rotjatst218.jpg

rotjatst219.jpg

rotjatst220.jpg

rotjatst221.jpg

The look with the new Koolshade is much better IMHO !
Thanks for looking,

Julien

I still can't get over how GREAT your walker is.Still my favorite.The new Koolshade looks killer.Can't wait to see someone do a Tie with the vintage Koolshade.

Dave

Thanks you for your kind words Dave ! This one is also my favorite of all my models and probably of all the models built by ILM !

I reckon it would be nice to see a TIE wing with this Koolshade, that's just another world, no comparison can be do between both, the old one is way more delicate (and harder to cut properly lol :lol). The coat of paint on it it's also way thinner. That's just incredible stuff ! :love

That's just icing on the cake Julien.. you put it to good use fast. I love the pictures, can't beat natural light. :love I can guarantee, Hero Ties with this will be seen, and hopefully not in the too distant future. :love

Thanks you both for your comments ! I should maybe build a mini endor set with net in front of the lights to create shadows :D

Thanks again for the Koolshade Matt, that's great stuff ! :thumbsup

New pics are gorgeous, its every bit the studio prop this one, maybe one of the all time greats. Makes me very anxious to see you build its taller cousin bro!

lee

Many thanks for all your comments !
I'm very anxious about building the TESB too bro !:lol Plus Im missing a lot of kits or I have to buy again some kits cuz I used them on other projects, I dont have room enough to stock my kits :s Gonna stock some of them in my bedroom now :/ My GF wants to kill me, I have the feeling that's the end of SS stuff for me :sick

But well, that's not finishet yet so let's continue with the ROTJ AT-ST ! :D
As I told you, she's never finished !
Today, after having finished the 1/48 Finemolds X-Wing, I took a kit in my stock (not dedicated to kitbashing) and started to build it. When I was removing parts from the sprues, I found one of the latest parts I was looking for the ROTJ !

So before :

rotjatst222.jpg

After :

rotjatst223.jpg

rotjatst224.jpg

I'm very happy to have found this part ! As always with ROTJ stuff, parts come from kit you would never think of !

My heart just jumped out of my chest.. I can't tell you how many people I've contacted hoping to shed some light on those parts, I gave up! :)

Tadam !

rotjatst225.jpg

rotjatst226.jpg

rotjatst227.jpg

Unfortunatly when I removed the part I originaly scratchbuilt, chips of paint came off. I had to do some touch up and I have to do a bit more to blend the new paint perfectly !
Well now I just have to found the correct tires for the neck and, 3 tiny aircraft wheels which go on the back of the left gun assembly and one part on the underside of the head and I'll get 100% of the parts ID'ed for the ROTJ AT-ST !

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back