Rubies Supreme Stormtrooper

tuskentrooper

Sr Member
The day we've all been waiting for...or the day we've all feared?

The rumors are true regarding "off the shelf" TK armor as just reported in a small mention on the starwars.com blog:

A few of the items I’m especially excited about are the animated Plo Koon and Asajj, the officially licensed slave Leia “golden bikini” (it’s about time) and, best of all, the supreme edition Stormtrooper armor, which is the closest you’ll get to the real thing without vacu-forming your own plastic.
http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2008/02/19/field-report-from-toy-fair-day-1/#more-639

It will be interesting to see if this helps the 501st Legion grow or if it hurts it with swarms of "impersonators" who will try to charge money for appearances or perform other acts that don't respect the LFL property.

Without further ado...here it is...

rubies_supreme_tk.jpg

Already taking pre-orders through various sites at $849.95 US

http://www.makebelievecostume.com/detail.lasso?Itemid=RB-909866

Discuss...

Not that impressed with the armor nor the helmet. I could understand if it was much cheaper then 800 USD, it would appeal to the guys that want something to troop in. With a little searching one could buy an excellent suit of armor that looks a thousand times better; TE, AP, TM or one of the many other tallented people on the various forums.

:confused I hope this is a huge joke...

I've always been alittle un-impressed with the 501st's [low] standards for Stormtroopers, but I really hope they aren't low enough to accept that "thing"... :unsure

Last edited:
The price is too high. Also, as been mentioned before, I'll bet what we see in this pic is NOT what the final product will be. :angry

It will not be accepted into the 501st.
I can say, wow what a piece of junk this is.

Is the image used from the old Star Wars sticker book?

Can someone cite some reasons why it is bad? Real reasons, not just "OMG it sucks!!!" It looks as good as an FX suit to me.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back