"Stunt" Biker Scout pistol, possible run

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all!
I've been playin' around with Smooth On's "Foam It" and "Flex Foam" products for a while, with little, single parts and things;but have yet to do a full size,'Stunt' peice.
While at an armor party with the Old Line Garrison, I was challenged by some of the members, including Scott and Charlie of AW Studios, to make a light, full foam pistol or rifle for trooping. Having squired once before, I've already seen my share of dropped E-11's and FX lightsabers.

Since I've been a Ghostbead for the last few years, it was refreshing to do a new prop. So, to start out slow, I picked the Biker Scout pistol.

Reference was hard to come by, but since I was doing a rubber stunt version, noone had any objections to using the heavily used stunt from the Visual Dictionary.

I scuplted the master from sintra sheet, resin, and putty. I was able to get an old, nasty mold from AWS and contact they had in the 501st, and I used bits from that to create the 'rodding' along the top and side.

I also was lucky to get to play around with a Sinlgepoint scope, and then scratchbild a nice look-a-like for casting.

I did a simple jacketed two part mold, buffered in foam instead of fiberglass. Once cured and split up, I painted in Flex Foam 25, dyed black, which expanded twice it's depth, and formed a nice, solid rubber outer skin.

Once semi cured, I put the entire mold back together, and poured in Foam It 5, which expanded out five times and has a softer, more 'nerf' quality.

Once pulled and inspected (nice, thin mold line :D, air pocket in the rear :evil:), I coated the sucker in some Plasti Dip aerosal, and weatherd it a bit with a silver sharpie. I also cut, bent and screwed in a nice little trigger guard, and superglued the scope on.

What do you think of the first pull??
bikerblaster2gn2.jpg

bikerblaster1yj1.jpg

bikerblaster3le0.jpg

Hope you guys like it! If I can do few more decent pulls, the plan's to expand out to ROTJ D-17's and ANH E-11's. I may even attempt a full "stunt Proton Pack!

Last edited:
Re: "Stunt" Biker Scout pistol, or "Fun with Foam"

That looks very nice indeed!

I'd be interested to see future projects!!

Looks awesome dude. Can't wait to get the master and add to the AW Studio product line. You rock!

Scott
AW Studios

thanks for all the positive response on this project! Looks like I may have to keep working on more!!
I may do a small run if there's interest . . .maybe like 10 or so?

possibly interested, e11 would be sweet, how about a han stunt esb

Why did you paint in the first layer?

I thought that the Smooth on foam stuff was "self skinning" and wouldn't need that kinda extra work?

Nick

Wow, that looks very nice!

But will it survive an impact with an Endor tree trunk at 160 MPH? :lol

Charlie

Why did you paint in the first layer?

I thought that the Smooth on foam stuff was "self skinning" and wouldn't need that kinda extra work?

Nick

The 'self-skining qualtiy refers to how the cellular structure sets up during curing. It has a very nice, smooth surface. It even picks up the 'shine' from the mold itself.
However, with a five minute gel time, it's a huge pain to work with. Brushing is quickest, and has produced the best results.

Wow, that looks very nice!

But will it survive an impact with an Endor tree trunk at 160 MPH? :lol

Charlie

Well, when I get back to your place, we'll hop on the Speeder and find out!!!

Wait . .that would hurt . . .

looks great!

me want one of these
and
i´m always interested in a nice lightweight ANH accurate E-11...
please one with the correct bits and pieces... :love

Re: "Stunt" Biker Scout pistol, possible run!!!

There's been alot of positive response to this item, here and elsewhere, so I'm gonna do a run. I'll post tonight or tommorow with pics of a properly finished pistol.
Thanks for all the responses! I'm really excited!!!

Re: "Stunt" Biker Scout pistol, possible run!!!

Cool.

I look forward to the pics for the run.

Be nice having something I can drop and not worry too much about

There's been alot of positive response to this item, here and elsewhere, so I'm gonna do a run. I'll post tonight or tommorow with pics of a properly finished pistol.
Thanks for all the responses! I'm really excited!!!

Cris of Kim and Cris fame fabricated a master, I helped mold it and it was offered up in hyperfirm a couple years back. Wasnt a big seller but this was the hyperfirm version...

2qn5u9w.jpg

10xg8hu.jpg

Attachments

• 2qn5u9w.jpg
    2qn5u9w.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 10xg8hu.jpg
    10xg8hu.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 78
I would really be interested in a run on this depending on the cost as well. This could be a really nice addition to my collection.

Please let me know.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back