Unproduced sword replicas-What would you collect?

Actually Paul Macdonald already did the Princess Bride Inigo rapier. And one guy off the swordforum made a very good Zelda sword. I know they mass produced just thought I'd share.

I'd love to get an accurate version of Excalibur from... well, from Excalibur.

Slightly off-topic, but I'd also love to see the spear from Dragonslayer at some point.

Brian

Actually 2 companies did the Excalibur. Albion was one, they did a pretty good version of it. And I think Next Gen did one but they discontinued it. Prolly becaise Albion got the rights but not sure.

Buttercup's dagger is some kind of stiletto with a horn handle.

Stilettos often have multi-faceted blades (i.e. they have either three or four sides), and were long and thin and designed to provide a weapon capable of stabbing through mail.

I am appenticed to his leg man
Pretty damn cool!
Have you worked on any movie pieces yet?

I don't think I could commission a custom piece and then have the blade made from aluminum
I kinda agree with Nightrider with that one. Although most of the pieces I'd like to see would probably be cost prohibitive in steel so maybe AL isn't out of the question.
One piece I would love to see (in steel, Aluminum, papier mache, whatever) is the X-large pig sticker of my avatar :love
Either the breakdown version or the mechanical version would be awesome.
Actually, now that I think about it, Arik's Pata from Willow would be an awesome piece as well. A bit obscure perhaps but still a nice piece if done right.
Does your teacher do private commissions?
Now that you've got me thinking about those pieces I just might have to do one or the other as a private piece for me alone:p

Kurgan that would be a wicked sword to have. Alot of people bought the martos of it. They are quite nice but hefty from what I've heard.

Haven't gotten a chance to work on film pieces yet, but hoping to soon. My teacher does take private comissions, they just cost more :eek We're looking to create a minor mass-production line of swords and armor, something less expensive than the average custom worker and more popular in design. It would be nice to be at the hub of the source of particular projects as opposed to a series of one-offs.
JJ

The Soul Reaver.

As far as stunt swords go, I've always wanted a Blade sword made of that super-lightweight aluminum that they use. I fell in love after handling one years ago, the thing was so light it felt like it was made of paper. :)

Ooooo a good Blade would be sweet to have. That is on my list after I get a functional Highlander 3 katana.

Hey Jax do you know if your teacher did the Kell/Kase broadsword for Highlander Endgame?

Hmmmmm.....I guess there are quite a few that come to mind....

Thundercats Sword of Omens
Master of the Universe Sword of Grayskull (cartoon version)
Legend of Zelda Master Sword
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Leonardo Katanas
Tomb Raider Excalibur
Final Fantasy VIII Squall Leonhart's Revolver Gunblade
Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth Longsword
Serenity Sword of The Operative

I'm sure there are more.....:D

Inigo Montoya's Six-Fingered Sword is tops. But a cheaper version than the $2500 MacDonald one.

Stardust Sword

Masters of the Universe - Cartoon and Film Power Swords

Clash of the Titans - Perseus Sword

Willow - Madmartigan's Sword

Golden Voyage of Sinbad - Sinbad's Sword

The Soul Reaver.

As far as stunt swords go, I've always wanted a Blade sword made of that super-lightweight aluminum that they use. I fell in love after handling one years ago, the thing was so light it felt like it was made of paper. :)

THe Soul Reaver.. Hummmmm I would like one of those myself... I just might have to make one myself... :love

Not a sword as such, but the "3 Section Whip" from The Barefoot Kid would be cool

Would like to see the swords from:
Saviour of the Soul
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Hero
House of Flying Daggers
Curse of the Golden Flower
and of course the blades from my avatar - the Korean tv show Forbidden Love.

And from the pages of 2000AD- Slaine's double headed Battle Axe and his Broadsword.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightrider, no it was too expensive and I just wasnt too impressed with the final pictures. I'm working on another alternative right now, hopefully it will be a more accurate version aswell.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back