Vader's TRUE ROTJ saber (re-examined)!!

I think that this is doubtful because the clapperboard saber does not have grips or a control box or anything in the glass eye hole all of which can be seen in the screen cap

Exactly.
That saber is a Kobold fused with the top of a Graflex (no clamp or grips).

I think resin or rubber would have been smart, but it looks very reflective (could be chrome tape).

Does anyone have a higher res copy of this shot? You can only just make out the emitter on Vader's saber.

steel-sabers.jpg

My guess is that they probably felt the shot would be more dynamic or just work better within the frame if the blade came out of the other end.

Actually, I think a better explination is that that's the end that just happened to be facing the catwalk when the sparks went off, so that's the end that they had to rotoscope the blade into.

Also, it makes sense that they would have used an old beat up modified Graflex to throw into steel pipes instead of the Hero saber.

Doesn't that shot above of Anderson and ...jeez, I forget his name...Peter Diamond? But that doesn't that show what's his name wielding what looks like the Obi-ANH stunt? And, if so, isn't it thought that the saber (V2) sitting on the arm of the Emperor's throne, behind them, was made from the Obi-ANH stunt? Was there more than one Obi-ANH stunt? I'm so confused.

Interesting photo. At first glance it looks like the saber Bob Anderson is holding has some sort of blunt ended emitter like I've never seen before... but could it be that the angled emitter is "facing" the camera, and we're catching a reflection off of the inside of it?

Doesn't that shot above of Anderson and ...jeez, I forget his name...Peter Diamond? But that doesn't that show what's his name wielding what looks like the Obi-ANH stunt? And, if so, isn't it thought that the saber (V2) sitting on the arm of the Emperor's throne, behind them, was made from the Obi-ANH stunt? Was there more than one Obi-ANH stunt? I'm so confused.

There are at least 2 Obi ANH stunts that we know about.
1. The "shared stunt" which Luke also uses in ROTJ (probably the one Peter Diamond is holding)
2. The Luke ROTJ V2 which is the one sitting on the throne. It was formerly a bladed Obi stunt in ANH.

Last edited:
Here is detail from a screen grab from a HD broadcast of ROTJ, the original image seen below. If that is not an MPP shroud, then I don't know what it is. Notice the mounting hole for the flash reflector and the curved outline near it - neither the Barbican, the "Severed hand saber" nor the "Vader ROTJ" saber have these features.
is_this_an_mpp_or_what.jpg

For me this one definitely looks like a MPP,shape of the shroud,with rounded corners and holes for reflector,and th D ring placement..
Maybe the weel-know "ROTJ" saber that was pictured on the forum,the one with colored wires,and the exactra board under glazed bubbles?

It looks similar but is not the one. Here is a small pic of the actual saber/hand from the rotj as well as a screen cap of it.

0465475.jpeg

And here definitely a graflex for me.

proof that there was several different sabers,once again...

Necrobump! Working on the lightsaber family tree-- does anyone have the pics that no longer work in this thread? Specifically the ESB hero in ROTJ, promo shots or otherwise?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back