Obi ANH all real parts Saber- pics inside

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finally finished 2 Obi ANH Lightsabers and mailed them off recently to kurtyboy. Very long story. Anyway, I thought you guys might like to see what I've been up to, I hope you enjoy.

First is an all real parts weathered Chronicles version. Everything on this Lightsaber is the real deal. I was going for the 'crooked' version.

Real Balance Pipe (almost correct version)
Real steel British Mk3 Grenade
Real Graflex Clamp
Real Exactra 20 bubble strip
Real Transistors
Real Browning Booster
Real AS Handwheel.

shipping006-vi.jpg

shipping008-vi.jpg

shipping036-vi.jpg

shipping033-vi.jpg

shipping020-vi.jpg

new015-vi.jpg

shipping009-vi.jpg

shipping018-vi.jpg

This version is the 'Tunsia' version, as seen in the pictures of Ben and Luke looking over Mos Eisley on Tatooine. Biggest differences are the black grenade and very dark emitter.

This Lightsaber is the same as the other one with all real parts except the grenade is the cast version and the emitter is a last-run Romans.

This is the actual Lightsaber from the film:

New_Obi_Saber_Pic-vi.jpg

And my attempt at it:

final026-vi.jpg

final025-vi.jpg

final029-vi.jpg

final024-vi.jpg

final031-vi.jpg

I wanted to say a big thanks to kurtyboy for allowing me the chance to work on his Lightsabers. It's a real honor to get to have all those real parts together and check them out first hand.

I would also like to add that I took about 100X longer then I should have to finish these projects, and Marcus was a real gentleman. I doubt if anyone in the RPF would have been a patient, gracious, or nice as he was toward me. Thanks again Marcus, I hope you like them as much as I do.

James, that is absolutely SWEET!!

What an excellent job. And kudos also to Kurtyboy for accomplishing the task of obtaining these nearly impossibly hard to find parts.

DS

Wow that Chronicles saber is my idea of how a replica saber SHOULD be: from all real parts.

Top job:thumbsup

very nice...someday I hope to get all the parts but I doubt it..it is one of those rare things that cant be done easily..but maybe
I have a clamp, and a grenade and bubbles that are all authentic...I have serafinos booster..but would love a handwheel and balance pipe...

good stuff though

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back