Granov Iron Man armor WIP update 12/16

weaselflinger

Sr Member
Update 12/16

Got a little more done on the torso. I shrunk the chest triangle and added the pectoral thingies that the shoulder spaulders will attach to. Also added the lower rear section.

armor12-16.jpg

Update 11/23

I got some work done on the back today and cleaned up some of the front a little. Also threw the helmet on there to see if the proportion was working..

ironmanarmorfrontandback.jpg

I've been working on this for a while, but didn't want to mention it until I had made some decent progress. I had nearly finished sculpting a similar version but decided I didn't like it, so I started over twice.

The design is pretty much all Adi Granov although I will be changing the gaunlets to the civil war version.

Sorry for the crappy pic...

ironmanarmor01.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Michael

Last edited:
Re: Granov inspired Iron Man armor WIP pic

Looking cool. Its a nice aproch. What do you plan to make it out of?

Thanks guys. I haven't decided on final casting material yet, but I think that material that was used for necromonger armor might work well...

Between you and TMP...I am seeing Halloween 08 as being a banner moment!!! :D

Re: Granov Iron Man armor WIP update 11/23

Looking great. :D

Just wanted to ask: are you changing some of the proportions deliberately? I ask just because I notice that you've enlarged the chest diamond quite a bit from Granov's design. Didn't want to come in here and point out errors if you're changing things on purpose (and I'm not a stickler for accuracy over creative license). :)

Hey,

absolutly fantastic work so far it´s realy a pleasure to see yours and TMP work every and every day. BTW do you have a good pic from the full Adi Granov Ironman suit to see what you use to work from I would realy be interrested to see that.

Greetings Guido

I like this design very much in comics. I admire you for aproching this and i belive it will be a great costume!

The thing i find the most dificult with the suit is the legs.
How are you going to takle the legs. Are you going for spandex undersuit?

Keep us updated. Looks like 2008 is going to an Ironman year. :):thumbsup

Hey M

Nice stuff. Made it to the boards and wanted to say Hi. Again the helmet rocks. Cant wait to see your suit completed. I agree with TMP might be a few suits out there for Iron man for 2008. About time I think !

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks again for the kind words. I've made a few changes since the last pics and have been able to do some more refining to the torso.

To address a couple of comments, I'm trying to stay as faithful to the Granov look as I can, although I have made a few alterations for the sake of wearability and general artistic license. I agree that the chest triangle was a little large and have made it smaller.

As far as the legs go, the seams (particularly where the legs meet the hips) are going to be an interesting challenge. I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm confident that I'll be able to work it all out.

The final material will be tintable urethane, so it will look like armor, but still be flexible enough to allow some degree of comfort. Think stiff floormats and that's about the flexibility I'm shooting for.

Anyway, I'll take more pics soon, thanks again for the support.

Michael

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks again for the kind words. I've made a few changes since the last pics and have been able to do some more refining to the torso.

To address a couple of comments, I'm trying to stay as faithful to the Granov look as I can, although I have made a few alterations for the sake of wearability and general artistic license. I agree that the chest triangle was a little large and have made it smaller.

As far as the legs go, the seams (particularly where the legs meet the hips) are going to be an interesting challenge. I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm confident that I'll be able to work it all out.

The final material will be tintable urethane, so it will look like armor, but still be flexible enough to allow some degree of comfort. Think stiff floormats and that's about the flexibility I'm shooting for.

Anyway, I'll take more pics soon, thanks again for the support.

Michael

I like your aproch to this. I also looked at this design. but i was trown off because of the leg issue your facing. Its a very chalanging issue your facing and i whould love to se how you aproach this. By using the material your chosing your going to get the extra movement. will you spay the red on later or will you mix the material with red. I am thinking about using a similar material my self for the groin and midsection area.

Looking forward to seeing more photos.
Maybe we can meet at a convention in near future. :)

Michael, I hope the weather warms up on your part of the world soon so you can get out there and finish this.

Being in a cold climate as well I can relate. Wish I dendent however, allways wanted to live somewhere where they said
:rolleyes:lol" cold weather ....? is there such a thing ?"

I'd settle for anything above 30 degrees at this point, it's been about a month since it's been that warm.

As long as the Tangueray and Guinness holds out I'll be fine though.

Bump for update.

Cheers!

I'm more and more impressed...
I've never loved Ironman until I saw Adi Granov's version, and now I can't wait to see how it could be in real-life!:D

Awesome... looks absolutely AWESOME! I look forward to seeing the finished work.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back