Granov Iron Man armor WIP update 12/16

Now that I have the sideshow pics to use as reference, I've been working on the movie helmet again and I'm 95% there with the sculpt...

Since my last update, I've sculpted the shoulder pauldron, upper arm, and gauntlet pieces

I have WF's Granov IM helmet displayed proudly in my classroom and the kids always "oooh" and "ahhhh" it every day. I can't wait to see where the rest of the armor goes and anxiously awaiting the possibility of a film inspired helmet as well! Excellent work!

Lol. I have a lot of my stuff from Sideshow, Vintage Toys, WF's IM helmet (will add the film version if he makes it available)....my room definitely stands out from my colleagues....if I can find a reasonably priced Lightsaber stand that will hold the Luke V2, I'm putting my custom in my room as well.

Last edited:
You are much braver than I am with your props Mike. I'm a middle school art teacher and would be paranoid that the kids wouldn't keep their hands off. Plus anything of value around here has a habit of dissappearing when the summer crew comes in to clean.....I do show the kids pics of the stuff I'm working on and bring them in for a day or two from time to time and they get a big kick out of it.

Ahhh ... I am Exited over this project:) (y)thumbsup:thumbsup (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Please show us some photo progress. :love Always nice to se how thing evolves. I think your project is very cool and the costume you're making i though was going to be a bigger challange than the movie suit in particilur to the leg design does not go all the way up like a seamless armor.

Have you decided what to do with the legs?:confused Are you going for the original design or will do you changes to the leg design.

I am anxious to se what you decided and how you solved it. :)

Keep up the good work!

I always take my stuff home at the end of the year (don't trust the Summer staff either) but my kids have all been trained that my desk is off limits, they wouldn't dare go near it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back