TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. New photos London page 59

WOW this is great i really enjoy seeing these pics of the neck seal and how you wired the LED's on the Hands.. thanks for sharing them.. i was thinking if you were to cut the bottom part of the Torso into segments and mount them so they are like scales could you get better movment.?? maybe place some strips of felt so it wont rub off any paint..

also for the hands i noticed they are Blue.. if i remember correctly arent they White in the movie.. does that kit that you bought come with white options.?? also were did you buy that kit.??

Thanks for posting. I got problem when i try to upload pics or work with the computer. I get a blue screen and some Comadore 64 test saying Crash Dump... Dont like the sound of it.... Pisses me off.

Anyway. The led light kit i bought at a Car equipment / styling shop.
It was in a package of 4 in a string with a test button to press on the wrapping. I asked the clerk how they light up what bateries was used. We opend it and it was a 9 volt powering all the 4 ledlights as Demo.
I bought the kit and had somone dewire them and atach a 9 vold plug to each set.

2x hands
2x under boot (Comming soon)
The boot will be interesting because when i walk it will give light around the base of my feet. I think it will give a good effect.

I chose blue light because i felt it gave it a better touch to it.
For the chest i chose a white light but somehow it still gives a hint of blue to it.

There are many way to do the parts and how to wear it. Everyone has their own pitch to it.

For ataching the neckseal to a balaclava or hood i recomend a material that does not tear. I had great experience with Neoprene (same as in diving suits) it does not tear if there is a fabric on it. Its also elastic and comfortable to wear. I chose a motocycle / snowmobile mask because it went so high on the eyears as well as long down on the front neck.
I also like it because it had the closure on the back.

I first tried a hood. It was very good BUT... The problem is once the parts are permanetly atached to the hood its a nightmare to get the hood of and on.

By having the mask and opening in the back it was easy to take on and close. Then the lower back just flaped over. When the armor is on the back of the bullneck will press it inwards and the top of the neckseal will be visibile from the back.

I also have allot of movement of my head. this way.

BTW... Happy new year in 4 1/2 hours.

PS! I sent some photos of Steve L. Suit how he fixed the eyes. I am sure he dont mind showing it. (Its a light for the head. 4x led light string) cost arround 5 USD for them. He opened it and took out the string of ledlights from the compartment casing and atached it somehow(dont know yet) to the eye section. It looked pretty good. Please post pics.

PS! I sent some photos of Steve L. Suit how he fixed the eyes. I am sure he dont mind showing it. (Its a light for the head. 4x led light string) cost arround 5 USD for them. He opened it and took out the string of ledlights from the compartment casing and atached it somehow(dont know yet) to the eye section. It looked pretty good. Please post pics.

Thanks John! here are the pics you sent me for all to see:
Gooood gawd I WANT my eyes to light up like that...and he can STILL see!?! holy crap those are bright. The little plasma disc idea is really neat too....I had thought of movement..but I was thinking spinning discs...this plasma thing is neat.

IMAGE_6.jpeg

IMAGE_7.jpeg

IMAGE_8.jpeg

IMAGE_9.jpeg

IMAGE_10.jpeg

IMAGE_11.jpeg

i still think the suit looks great though i am not much for the plasma sphere in his chest.. it does give a nice effect but i would rather have more screen accurate.. the eyes are amazing.. i am just wondering on visibility i would want to see in front of me at least..

Those light up eyes do look good. He only paid about $5 to make them light like that? What piece was it that he modified to get the lights out of? Like the others, I'd like to see the tutorial for them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Steve has graciously shared his secret with me and John last night...I saw the pics and he even sent a couple videos.

Once my headache goes away, I'll get it all posted this afternoon LOL

Ohh yea and I will post pics of my neck seal and shoulder bells attachment so far.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Steve has graciously shared his secret with me and John last night...I saw the pics and he even sent a couple videos.

Once my headache goes away, I'll get it all posted this afternoon LOL

Ohh yea and I will post pics of my neck seal and shoulder bells attachment so far.

that sounds great i am glad that he has shared it with you guys.. i hope all of you guys had a great New Year..

this is great stuff i am glad to be a part of this.. it has been my favorite post this year. thanks for the great info DecaturVader.. once i get my suit this will definately be helpful..

You look very good in it ;)
Hope to se more photos of these costumes at cons. I belive you can say.

"Chicks Digg the armor"

We are about getting done with a Mark II version. I looking forward to show some photos of this.
Its metal coated with Aluminum metall ;)

Last edited:

love the idea of the laser. You should have room in the gauntlets (misile compartment. However i recomend a blue lazer rather than a green. Drill small pinhole or notch. It will be awsome. But buy a laser that is appoved. In case a wakko sues you for getting laser in their eyes. Aperently there are different levels of laser. Some illegal some approved.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back