TK409 Jawa Eyes + Mask Tutorial *PICS*

Re: TK409 Jawa Mask Tutorial *PICS*

That's what I did for my daughter's Jawa.

normal_IMG_1494.jpg

What a great picture!

Awesome mate. I gotta use this idea and make a Jawa dummy for my cinema room LOL

Regards
TAZ

What an awesome tutorial!! Now I just have to convince my daughter that she should be a Jawa instead of a cheetah. :lol

Silly queston here...

How do you make the rest of the costume? Any good sources or tutorials there?

Wow...that's EXACTLY what I did. Hockey mask and toy containers sanded inside (I used a wire brush on my dremel...took seconds). I also rubbed silver Rub-N-Buff on the cap (bottom) to add more reflection outward. I glued the wires on the outside, though, so they wouldn't be touching the face. Instead of fur I used torn black strips. I thought about using fur with straps over it, so the fur would peak out, but I didn't get around to doing that. I also put window screen over the eye holes to hide her eyes.

Looks great, especially in a night parade! Too bad my daughter fell asleep halfway through. Luckily I had her riding in the back of a truck.

Scott

Last edited:

Just a thought on this: If you're wanting to use yellow LEDs, there are ultra-brights out there that will (nearly) blind you. So the color is not a limiting factor on whether of not you can find some bright enough. :)

Good luck,

ATM
ShackMan

I got a LED kit off a guy on eBay. Did you get white or amber LEDs? I got amber and they don't seem bright enough. I'm thinking I'll have t rewire it for superbright white LEDs.

Just a thought on this: If you're wanting to use yellow LEDs, there are ultra-brights out there that will (nearly) blind you. So the color is not a limiting factor on whether of not you can find some bright enough.
ShackMan

I'd love to get ultra-bright LEDs, but I also don't want to have to wire these myself. If I could get brighter ones that came pre-wired to a battery pack I'd use those. Any ideas who might offer these Shackman? :)

Another option is to get these "Amber LED Battery" lights and stick half of the lights in one eye and half in the other. Lots of lights would make it brighter too.

led_15_yellow-amber-2_bat.jpg

Really nice job!
Love the tutorial.

Question - Can the eyes be too bright?
Eventually, you'll light up the inside of the hood and see too much of the mask, I suppose

Where can you pic up the rest of the pieces to the costume

Check over at http://www.TK409.com/tk409.html
Scroll down to "The Jawa Project" There are some links for places to pick up parts, but certainly there are other options. It may seem kind of biased, but I honestly think my sister Di makes the best Jawa robes around. She does a fantastic job. Her email is linked in the Jawa article on my site.

Found a couple more interesting photos showing the Jawa face. Shows the gaffers tape.

jawa-face.jpg

jawa-face2.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back