Lifesize Chris Reeve Superman head sculpt arrives!

cking

Sr Member
Hi everyone,

I'm thrilled to be able to show you my latest commissioned project. It's a lifesize Chris Reeve as Superman head sculpt. I finally decided to go for it again after my previous waxwork project a few years back.
This is just an unpainted casting that I received today but it's the first time I actually got to see the sculpt in person. I was really amazed that the sculptor has managed to capture the likeness from all angles.

I would like to express my public thanks to the EXTREMELY talented sculptor who has created this amazing bust. He's a relatively new board member, but his skill is without question.
Nikolas is from Athens, Greece and his forum name is "Rockas78". You may remember his lifesize Mark Hamill Silicone head sculpt from a few months ago. That sculpture was what caught my attention because I was amazed at the quality of the likeness that he achieved on the bald headed clay sculpt. I knew that he was the right man for the job and his devotion to this project and quest for perfection has really paid off. It's a stunning piece of work and I'm very grateful to him for accepting the commission.

Cheers,

Chris

6139589-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Definately the best lifesized likeness to date of Chris Reeve as Superman.. A BIG thumbs up to the sculptor you commisioned on this one, Chris. I know you would have put a lot of work into this yourself with advise and reference material so a big thumbs up to you, aswell.

Another cking special!:eek

Whoa... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I take it that was what those HD screencaps were for ;)

Damn that looks great. I can't wait to see how good it looks when it gets painted up. I think it might be the best sculpt to date!!!!

Thanks for all the comments so far guys! Glad you like it. :)

Phil - I really appreciate what you said - means a lot to me. Thanks! It certainly turned out well in the end.

Chris - yes, this is what the HD screen grabs were for. Thanks again for doing them - they really helped!

Cheers,

Chris

Only the best for you, Chris. Bravo! The bust is absolutley amazing. Can't wait to see it painted up...the moment of truth, eh?

Between getting in this , and getting in the donner crystal, I think this has been a damned good week for you :lol

Email coming atcha ;)

Damn that thing looks cooler every time I load this thread up!
Chris

Wow mate! I don't have any busts yet...but after I eventually have an Indy...I now know what I'd dream about next LOL Congrats...

Warm Regards
Christian

That raw casting almost looks like marble (a la Roman Busts)... Yeesh, someone put that thing in a museum where it belongs. I can only imagine how great it'll look once completed. :thumbsup

Sweet *****, that's beautiful. How does one go about getting a cast of this, and how much does it run?? This is honestly the best sculpted bust I've seen of anyone.

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!

I would like to express my public thanks to the EXTREMELY talented sculptor who has created this amazing bust. He's a relatively new board member, but his skill is without question.
Nikolas is from Athens, Greece and his forum name is "Rockas78". You may remember his lifesize Mark Hamill Silicone head sculpt from a few months ago. That sculpture was what caught my attention because I was amazed at the quality of the likeness that he achieved on the bald headed clay sculpt. I knew that he was the right man for the job and his devotion to this project and quest for perfection has really paid off. It's a stunning piece of work and I'm very grateful to him for accepting the commission.

Cheers,

Chris

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back