Assistance with building Terminus Armor in foam

Fongalong

Hi all
Newbie here and I require some assistance. I have the PEP files for the Terminus armor. I printed the files out and traced the shapes into 4mm foam. Now I have separate pieces of armor shapes. However I sort of don't know what to do now. Any guidance on what to do now is greatly appreciated.

Hi all
Newbie here and I require some assistance. I have the PEP files for the Terminus armor. I printed the files out and traced the shapes into 4mm foam. Now I have separate pieces of armor shapes. However I sort of don't know what to do now. Any guidance on what to do now is greatly appreciated.
Start with a part that is quite clear what it is and work out from that point joining as you go. You can also refer to the original paper files that you cut out, these should tell you which edges connect to which edge and will be numbered. So 768 will connect to 768 etc. and the best way i find is to highlight the piece in Pep Designer or Armorsmith and that will show you in 3 dimensions where the part goes and what it connect 2.. it's a giant 3D jigsaw puzzle.
Also, you may need to trim or sand the edges to 'bevel' them to the correct angle to make the corner the right angle to give the correct shape...pep designer is for paper so it doesn't take into account the 4mm of the width of the foam you just cut. If you use Armorsmith then you can set it to show the angle before you cut, it will also add registration marks and will also have the number s to match up.
Good luck and post pics!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back