WIP: Silicone Clone Trooper Straps

Sano

Hello fellow Prop Maker, Painter, Lover whatever :-D

I'm mostly silent but I try to change that. So there is a project I was asked to work on. I have been a member of the Clone Trooper Community
for a long time now and since another member "disappeared" without any notice from CTN who made great straps for the shoulder, elbows and knees there should be at least one alternative in time. My plan is to make them out of silicone so that they are flexible and comfortable to wear. My ultimate idea is to make an option connection point between the shoulder straps and a pauldron if desired.

So the plan was to model the masters in 3DS Max, a friend of mine printed these for me.
Straps.jpg
The shoulder straps are not pictured but I already made the model for it. I have the shoulder straps and elbow straps already printed. The knee strap will be printed around Sunday. I sanded the straps and used filler to make them as smooth as possible. Pictures will follow tomorrow. :)

I also ordered all materials needed to mold and and cast the straps. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Im currently finishing the first master. Picture will follow.
I have a question regarding casting silicone. When the master is painted and very smooth and almost polished (the light reflects a little bit) will the silicone casts also glossy?

Thanks in advance:)

So I'm done. With the help of some other prop makers I got them almost as expected. :D
Unfortunately I had to destroy the masters in order to get them out of the mold. Then I had to fix some airbubbles with some bondo.
Here are more picutes:
20170523_171109.jpgIMG-20170523-WA0014.jpeg

And the first castings:
20170523_225526.jpg

I am very happy how they came out!! :)

looks nice. what kind of silicone do you use? is your mould made out of plaster? the middle straps look a little glossy, was your master painted matt? nice progress so far anyway.

Besten Gruß ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back