Red Hood Hybrid Helmet: Custom Design

Their product was incredibly inferior in execution, but still was a total rip of my design. I too was happy we were able to resolve it. [QUOTE/]

Agreed. Having no doubt about it, vendors can be pretty messed up, stealing your ideas, patenting it, and then getting you arrested saying "This man/woman stole my plans!". A pretty screwed up thing to do... Am I right?

Last edited:
Their product was incredibly inferior in execution, but still was a total rip of my design. I too was happy we were able to resolve it. [QUOTE/]

Agreed. Having no doubt about it, vendors can be pretty messed up, stealing your ideas, patenting it, and then getting you arrested saying "This man/woman stole my plans!". A pretty screwed up thing to do... Am I right?

I don't think anyone could really patent the design except DC comics since they own the character but to steal someone's independent design variant is a pretty crappy thing to do.

looks pretty sweet! I've been following you with your Origins designs and now this! Awesome work man!! are you planning on doing a run? I've been waiting for someone to make a red hood for my huge head haha

It's about 90% complete so I figure it wouldn't hurt to show a couple teaser images. This was right after painting the front faceplate. The back at this point was still unpainted and awaiting the molding process but was attached to take the pics. The two options for the eyes will be mirror tint and an option for led light up eyes. Let me know what you guys think so far.

looks pretty sweet! I've been following you with your Origins designs and now this! Awesome work man!! are you planning on doing a run? I've been waiting for someone to make a red hood for my huge head haha

lol. Yeah I'll be doing a run on these. Also will be making the shin armor for the AK Red Hood (DLC aversion) as well as the matching guns.

That's great! I have a large melon and helmets are usually made smaller.. LOL!!!
I've never purchased a red hood helmet as the ones available really weren't my style. But this helmet should fit a 24" head without issue. :)

whats gonna be your pricing for the run?
l don't think I'm allowed to share prices here but you can PM me for details.

i mean its such an amazing design! i wanna see more stuff like this! is it possible i can get the 3d file? if so pm me Reznor9
Thanks man! The 3d file won't ever be made public. Sorry. It's a custom concept of my own making and I want to maintain ownership of its design. I will be selling kits for this helmet though with either mirror lenses or the addition of a light kit like shown in the images above.

thats totally cool man. im interested in a kit though once i finish my mcu spiderman build. and ill pm for price
l don't think I'm allowed to share prices here but you can PM me for details.

Thanks man! The 3d file won't ever be made public. Sorry. It's a custom concept of my own making and I want to maintain ownership of its design. I will be selling kits for this helmet though with either mirror lenses or the addition of a light kit like shown in the images above.

That is some amazing work. I've got my own redhood I am working on as well - trying to emulate the comic look from the beginning of the rebirth series. I've not really looked into the redhood helmet scene so i really dont know if that design is done to death or not.

I wont be doing lighted eyes myself but I'm curious how visibility is and how the inside looks with it all in place if you're willing to share.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back