Do you even lift, bro?

You're welcome dude. Either way it is a great costume and you should be proud you can do something cool. It doesn't matter whether or not you bought the bandolier(at least to me), it is still a great costume. Good job.

SonofDathomir

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALF @SonofDathomir

Thanks, I appreciate it Guys. It only needs some small touches and weathering and it should be good for submission to the groups.

I learned from the Krayt Clan forums. It's the place to learn Jawa or Sand People costuming. I learned what cloth to buy, how to dye it, and how to sew it the right way for the costume groups. How to make the mask, everything.

The bandolier was purchased. It's a Martini-Henry bandolier. I bought because I was not sure if groups would accept a self-made, since the "accurate" thing is to buy one. In any case it gets the job done.

If you'd like to know anything else feel free to ask.
Of course brotha :D
I actually would like to know somethin, what kind(s) of fabric did you use?

The brown cloth was Monk's Cloth that had not been dyed. I found it at Walmart. I dyed it with Rit Liquid Dye, 2 parts Dark Brown to 1 part Sunset Orange. This Walmart cloth, for some reason, had a single thread through the whole bolt of cloth that would not dye and stayed light colored. But no one notices, just FYI.

You can find Monk's Cloth in brown colors online, don't necessarily have to dye it. You could also use any similarly textured woven fabric, does not have to be Monk's Cloth.

The black cloth lining the hood is 100% polyester knit.

The brown cloth was Monk's Cloth that had not been dyed. I found it at Walmart. I dyed it with Rit Liquid Dye, 2 parts Dark Brown to 1 part Sunset Orange. This Walmart cloth, for some reason, had a single thread through the whole bolt of cloth that would not dye and stayed light colored. But no one notices, just FYI.

You can find Monk's Cloth in brown colors online, don't necessarily have to dye it. You could also use any similarly textured woven fabric, does not have to be Monk's Cloth.

The black cloth lining the hood is 100% polyester knit.
Thanks very much good sir.
I'm working on a Kit Fisto project currently and am browsing for materials, linen seems to be good for the inner and outer tunic.
I may have finally found the proper colors!

I'm 6'1" on my bare feet.

With my chippe boots , 3" lifts on amazon, and DS helmet, I'm up to 6'6"

image_zpsiwuc14zs.jpeg

Still a work in progress. Mostly Rubies parts

Ok so first question, are you looking to build a costume for display on a mannequin only or are you looking to be able to wear it? Because there's very very few guys out ther the same size as Prowse so if you build one to his size it's almost guaranteed not to fit you you and if you do get it on it'll be really baggy :)

And second question are you at all looking to go for 501st Approval with it? Since that'll be a pretty big factor in what parts you go with if you are :thumbsup

On the topic of height, out of costume I'm 6"2, and in costume I have no specifics but I know I'm around 6"4-5 and that's with zero lifts and low profile boots, realistically i could get way higher if I wanted but I designed my build around being bel to troop for stuff like 8 hour events. Although I ave no idea how tall exactly I am the pictures below should do a decent job of showing height.
Speaking of while I'm at it I figured I'd throw up a couple pictures of my personal Vader that I built over the course of 2 years, might help get some inspiration going
Here's my build thread if you're curious: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=244639&page=9

Hopefully that helps answer some of your questions mate :thumbsup

008_zpsshhwiuo4.jpg

004_zpspsvrh2xi.jpg

002_zpsj6eg0gnl.jpg

009_zpsfwym0dqu.jpg

011_zpsloya7def.jpg

3_zpsszf5eero.jpg

13412000_10153989077141622_6815564594755108572_o_zpsfeghqo3l.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back