Any cheap sources for small flat pressure switch?

dropshipbob

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know these are all over Amazon and Ebay, but I only need one, and it seems a bit much to order one if I can cannibalize something from the store. Is there anything I can buy at a store that would have one? How about those greeting cards that play music when you open them, would the switch in there work?

Thoughts?

Have you ever went to Fasttech.com?
Tons of stuff and if you do some searching you will find it..

Realizing you don't want to go the online way but just a thought;)

Last edited:
Hi dropshipbob,

Can you be more specific on how you are using a pressure style switch? This will help us give you some suggestions.
From your opening post, it gives the impression that you need a momentary contact switch. Press and release (close then open).
The amount of pressure needed to operate as well could be a factor? There are small, momentary tactile switches too.
54M3408-40.jpg
From your title, I thought it needed to be an ''air pressure switch''. :)
Any more information you can share could be helpful.

Last edited:
I'm making a replica of the .45 long slide pistol from Terminator, and plan on using the switch to activate the laser sight. It needs to be fairly small so it can be hidden.

Lots of electronic toys and other gadgets use those switches. They're also a good source for battery clips, LEDs etc.

I assume you are in the US, try parts express.

In Australia we have JayCar that sells a momentary that is about 3 or 4mm across. The button on the switch is just 2mm wide. These connect the circuit when pressure is applied. They cost 99c here.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 92
For something to pull one out of? If you're not in an area with an electronics store, a cheap laser pointer is the first thing that comes to mind. You see them for like $3 at gas stations and hardware stores.

I know these are all over Amazon and Ebay, but I only need one, and it seems a bit much to order one if I can cannibalize something from the store. Is there anything I can buy at a store that would have one? How about those greeting cards that play music when you open them, would the switch in there work?

Thoughts?
You are right, as the cheap Dollar Store"s can be your best bet. Most carry these tiny button cell lights that just use a metal strip to metal strip contact that just might work.
For $1 each iv'e bought 5 different styles and always seems to come through. There's always a way to "cannibalize" one to make it work. Its fun and you even get extra cells....

The laser pointer I have has one of those switches pictured above in post #3. I was hoping to find something with a lower profile, but the switch it has might be of better use. On the pistol in the movie, there is a brace that holds the laser sight. I plan on placing the pointer inside the sight housing, then running the wires and switch outside of this housing and along the inside of the brace....hopefully all of this will then be hidden. There's a screw holding the brace onto the pistol. I'll probably find a stronger way of connecting these two but then use the whole where the one screw would be and have the button for the switch protruding through that hole...maybe even place a false screw head on top of the switch/button. This would all probably work better than using a flat-ish pressure switch.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back