Aloy's Bow (Horizon Zero Dawn) WIP

midost

Hello, all! I've been wanting to put together a cosplay for Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn, seen here:

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-E3-2015-Aloy-stalking.jpeg

I've got the costume materials, but the most complicated piece of the whole thing seems to be her bow. I've started modeling it out from reference images I've found online, but it is hard to find every relevant angle. So many little bits and pieces.

Anyhoo, this is how far I've gotten on it:

bow_WIP01.jpg

I imagine this piece is best done with a combination of foam and 3d printing? I only have access to a small printer, and most of the pieces for this are impractical.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, crits, or advice, it's all welcome. Thank you!

I can't give much advice as I've only made props out of wood. I will say that the whole thing might be practical from what I can tell and from what I understand, (though I've only ever shot bows infrequently, I haven't made one.. yet) and the center portion could probably be made of wood if you wanted, this would save you from having to paint the plastic/foam to look like wood.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing this finished!

Hey! I'm interested in making an Aloy cosplay too and have been trying to figure out the bow. I was thinking about attempting to 3D print the two end pieces and making the middle out of wood, though I have zero experience in any of this so it will all be new to me. Is there any chance you'd be willing to share the model you made for the bow? I'd love to hear how your progress is going so far.

Nice looking model. I think if you can break the components down in the model you might as well just print it out and assemble, though making it from foam would be much faster.

Im working on the same bow, i don't know if my model is as good as yours but its rather close. I only have the leg modeled so far but its coming alone nicely.

2017-05-06 23.15.28.jpg18308829_10154708559973460_2112222185_n.jpg18336753_10154714615413460_1644666035_n.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back