Indiana Jones props? What could I make on the cheap?

The14thDr

Sr Member
I've been trying to get interested in the Indiana Jones movies, aside from watching the movies (pretty obvious really :p ) I'd also like to work on some small props.

Since I like to work on a budget and don't really have the space for large things (so the holy grail tablet would be a no-no), so I was thinking more along the lines of small props (coins, pendants, that sort of thing) that I could perhaps mould out of clay for next to nothing.

Does anything specifically spring to mind?

I'd appreciate any help with this.
Kind regards, The14thDr

medallionsshot.jpg

:thumbsup

Buy a $10 Zippo lighter, grab a brush, white paint, green paint, black paint, and a clear coat spray to protect the paint, and you can make yourself Elsa's lighter. Maybe $15-20 max and a little time to paint it up.

I've been trying to get interested in the Indiana Jones movies, aside from watching the movies (pretty obvious really :p ) I'd also like to work on some small props.

Since I like to work on a budget and don't really have the space for large things (so the holy grail tablet would be a no-no), so I was thinking more along the lines of small props (coins, pendants, that sort of thing) that I could perhaps mould out of clay for next to nothing.

Does anything specifically spring to mind?

I'd appreciate any help with this.
Kind regards, The14thDr

Since you mentioned coins, I immediately thought of the pouch with the coins in "Temple of Doom" that are first paid for the Nurhachi Urn.

Wow!! Thanks for all the ideas and inspiration. This should definitely be enough to keep me busy for a while. ;)

Kind regards, The14thDr

Wow!! Thanks for all the ideas and inspiration. This should definitely be enough to keep me busy for a while. ;)

Kind regards, The14thDr

Also... do the three Sankara stones from Temple of Doom. They are basically three rocks with lines through them. Great for clay sculpting or using sculpy, then drying in over, then painting. No need to mold them.

Also... do the three Sankara stones from Temple of Doom. They are basically three rocks with lines through them. Great for clay sculpting or using sculpy, then drying in over, then painting. No need to mold them.

Yeah, I was going to suggest the Sankara stones too. I made mine out of a piece of floral foam that I shaped into a rough egg, then coated with spackle, waited for it to dry a bit, patted it down with a plastic grocery bag, pressed in the lines, then just painted it. Total cost was less than $10.

Yeah, I was going to suggest the Sankara stones too. I made mine out of a piece of floral foam that I shaped into a rough egg, then coated with spackle, waited for it to dry a bit, patted it down with a plastic grocery bag, pressed in the lines, then just painted it. Total cost was less than $10.

That is exactly how I made my first set back in the day. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back