Hasbro Falcon Build

PARIAH VISCOM

5.jpg3.jpg2.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg33.jpg34.jpgHello All!
Here's my studio scale Millennium Falcon build. The main body is the Hasbro Rebels Falcon from a couple of years ago. I have been working on this off and on for two years, but most of the work and lighting has been done in the last few months. Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any questions please ask.

This has been a good test of my model building skills, which personally I consider modest as compared to others here on the RPF.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a few more pics:23.jpg25.jpg11.jpg26.jpg35.jpg36.jpg37.jpg39.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

11.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this post belongs in the Studio Scale section, not that I really care where it goes, I just know there was a big pissy-fit about the DeAgostini kit being in here...LOL

Any which way, nice work! I like the blend of several types of parts to achieve your build...commercial kit, 3D printed parts, model kit bashing, brass etchings, scratch building...Way cool!

Last edited:
The way I figure it is, if it's over a certain size, say 16 inches or so, or even two feet long, it can be studio scale. This build is 29 inches long, its huge! To me the 22' inch Space 1999 Eagle kit is studio scale. Granted it's subjective, but thats my two cents.
22.jpg

There's a sticky thread at the top of the forum ("what this forum is all about") that defines, for the purposes of this forum, what Studio Scale is, and your description ain't it....not even close. ;)

BUT I must say you are doing a fantastic detailing job. Keep up the good work, no matter what forum this thread might get moved to. :)

There are tonnes of Hasbro conversions over on the proper section, General Modelling

Pick up this thread & move over to the rest of us

J

Nice work! I like the blend of technologies being used here. Keep up the good work and thanks for posting!

Hey this is in the wrong section !

You need to move it over to the Special Hasbro Mod Section ! LOL :lol

Just Kidding....Looks great !

These mods are so difficult sometimes dealing with the cheap waxy plastic, they definitely test your engineering and problem solving skills :thumbsup

Lookin' good!

BTW, the pilot/copilot chairs should not be the same as the tall-backed ejection seat chairs behind them. They're smaller and simpler.

But wow, this is quite a fix-em-up! :)

About the chairs,I know. I promised my wife I would not spend anymore on Shapeways parts or model kits to bash and I knew I could make an interior without spending any money. I have ziplock bags full of parts from donor kits and the ejector seats solved a problem for me. And doing it this way probably saved me a good chunk of money. Now that I think about it, I could make some chairs out of plumbers putty or Sugrue.

More updates to come!

So I am about to start priming this bad boy once the weather here is better. So my main question is...

What color is best for the Falcon? I hear Tamiya insignia white, I have done a testers light grey which worked well with my MPC build a few years ago.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated since I want to get this as accurate as possible.

The primer I am using is Rustoleum, since I think Krylons is crap.

Well, it's been a long long time since my last posting here in this thread, so it's time for an update! The weather here in Boise has been either nice or cold/rainy and I usually paint in the outside or in the garage. I applied the primer almost a month ago and let it gas out for a week so the primer would be dry and flat to the touch and not be tacky and rub off. I then mixed my own paint for the base color: Testors light gray mixed with white to get a lighter light gray. I ended up mixing half a pint after adding the paint thinner so it would go through my airbrush and only using half of that. The rest of the paint job has been done with Testors acrylic paints and with some pigment powders to apply the oil streaks on the hull and rust in certain areas near the rear. So far this is looking really good to me. I need to paint a couple more spots and then apply the decals I got from JT Graphics and then the last touch being the flat coat and then it is finished.

My next question is where to all these marking go? I know where a couple go but the rest has me stumped.

IMG_3760.JPGIMG_3762.JPGIMG_3764.JPGIMG_3766.JPGIMG_3776.JPGIMG_3793.JPGIMG_3802.JPGIMG_3842.jpgIMG_3846.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work man. I like your paint chipping effect, what method did you use to get that?

This thread might help with the decals. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233543

Well, it's been a long long time since my last posting here in this thread, so it's time for an update! The weather here in Boise has been either nice or cold/rainy and I usually paint in the outside or in the garage. I applied the primer almost a month ago and let it gas out for a week so the primer would be dry and flat to the touch and not be tacky and rub off. I then mixed my own paint for the base color: Testors light gray mixed with white to get a lighter light gray. I ended up mixing half a pint after adding the paint thinner so it would go through my airbrush and only using half of that. The rest of the paint job has been done with Testors acrylic paints and with some pigment powders to apply the oil streaks on the hull and rust in certain areas near the rear. So far this is looking really good to me. I need to paint a couple more spots and then apply the decals I got from JT Graphics and then the last touch being the flat coat and then it is finished.

My next question is where to all these marking go? I know where a couple go but the rest has me stumped.

View attachment 720170View attachment 720171View attachment 720172View attachment 720173View attachment 720174View attachment 720175View attachment 720176View attachment 720177View attachment 720178

For some spots I used a masking liquid. I read somewhere that Joe Johnston used rubber cement when he painted the models. But I came across the chipping on the bottom by accident. I masked and painted an area near the gear box and I thought It had dried so I laid the tape on it, when I pulled it up it pulled the paint up with it since it is acrylic, but it had the chipping effect, so I took the tape and crumpled it up and dabbed at the area and a few more that I painted later. It works great, it gets the effect you see on the Slave 1 miniature. If too much came off at once I would take a brush and paint the area back in but give it the chipped look at the same time.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back