1/72 A-Wing question

Thanks blakeh1
They where a rush job so I could work out how much room I'm gonna need for the hanger bay, I'll take some time on the next prints. Hope to have ones as nice as yours some day!
Hows the A-Wing coming along newmagrathea?

More questions if anyones got the time
If anyone has a snowspeeder in 1:72 I'd like to know the overall length please (rear grill to blaster tips)

And out of the two x wings below (pic with Bandai X Wing) is the larger or the smaller closest to 1:72 or if anyone could give me the wing height so I can get it spot on it would be greatly appreciated
20170114_195009.jpg
20170114_195118.jpg
20170114_195154.jpg20170114_195212.jpg

Again I will be going down the Bandai route with the X Wing but I've got a printer I wanna use first
Thanks for any help
Ed

20170129_160518.jpg

20170129_160533.jpg

Hi everyone I trust we've all had a good weekend. was working myself but hey-ho
Anyhoo If you could offer your opinions as to the scale I've printed the above at.
Close enough to 1:72?

From top of top pic
Moldy Crow (with the flat 1:72 figure Ban Dai stitched me with)
Ban Dai x-wing
Z95 headhunter
Imperial Shuttle cockpit

Thanks for looking
Ed

Ban Dai Tie Fighter, Interceptor on the way and I think I ordered an A-Wing too

The MC size varies with it´s different designs, sadly there was no clear line of size and shape.

When i made mine i went with the mostly used design, iirr the used size was 23m.

MoldyCrowDio007.png

The Z-95 seems to be to big, should be slighly smaller than the T-65.

MoldyCrowDio013.png

I have 2 unbuild resin A-Wings (none FP), both artists decided to go for different dimensions. I like both, each for it´s own, but the one from RB-26 (the smaller one) is just stunning great.

1 72 x wing headhunter.PNG

Thanks Lichtbringer

The X wing is to the same dimensions as the Bandai one and the figure is 1 inch, Do I need to go smaller with the headhunter?

Am I wrong or are Bandai star wars 1:72 kits supposed to come with a seated Pilot and a standing one?
I ask as I've just got my second kit with a flat blank for the standing pilot

They started that recently. I think the A-wing and Tie Interceptors were the first kits to where the silhouette started showing up instead of an actual standing pilot

The original X-wing kit (with the Death Star tile base), Y-wing, Tie Fighter, Tie Advanced and T-70 X-wing kits (the blue and white, not Poe's) and force awakens Tie all had standing pilots and the Y-wing and T-65 X-wing also had an extra "standing" droid

I'd much rather have the figures than the silhouettes

From what I heard, Bandai had to change the standing figures to silhouette because somebody else (Hasbro) already had the license to produce small figures int he US market. the 1:72 figures were too close to the size of the ones included in the Micro Minimachines IIRC

Same thing for the Bandai model kits of Stormtroopers & such- somebody else in the US market had collectible figures in the same (or very close) size and Bandai currently does not sell them in the US market.

Must be the same for the UK market too. I just picked up a 2015 dated Tie Fighter that has the standing pilot but the Tie interceptor that arrived this morning with a 2016 date had the flat one, The X-Wing came with an extra R2 unit and flat pilot also .... So snap those 2015's up!

20170213_161522.jpg
Could I have been any more wrong with the scale!
I know where I went wrong. I took the canopy measurement and scaled it with the very front section of the cockpit too, crazy how much it put the whole scale out, but I've got a better scale printed now and the extra canopy that came with the Bandai one means I can build a cockpit into the printed one

I would take Bandai's 1/72 scaling of their kit with a grain of salt. At 5.25 inches, it is more like 1/55 scale than 1/72. Likely you were correct. Of course, this is pretty subjective. I am working under the assumption that the old MPC kit (at 6 inches overall length) is 1/48 since a 1/48 scale pilot figure matches the cockpit filming set appearance very well. So, a 1/72 scale model would be 2/3 of that or 4 inches. Just my opinion of course...

Regards, Robert

And after seeing the other A-Wing threads putting 1/48 scale pilots into the Bandai kit, it really looks good for that scale, too! Guess I'm getting one...

R/ Robert

Bandai's scaling is based on some revised numbers. If scaling down from the studio model using the pilot as a guide, then yes, Bandai's A-wing is too large for 1/72. if going by the "official" dimensions which F-toys and Fantasy Flight games seem to be adhering by, then it really is close to 1/72.

Personally, I like the smaller A-Wing size

I would agree with you, Blakeh1. To me, the A-Wing is the Rebel analogue to the TIE fighter - only with hyperdrive. So small, fast and maneuverable is the design paradigm for these 'point fighters'.

R/ Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back