Rogue One Blue Squadron Uniforms

PatrickFromEng

I fell in love with these and I've been searching around and I can't work out where to start with them. I want to sort out a costume but I'm having a hard time figuring out the jumpsuit and where I might find one or something close. The chest piece and harness are easy enough to fashion or buy but I'm stuck on the jumpsuit. It's really bugging me, I'd really appreciate some help on what it is or where to find something like it and I'm sure others would too!

Attachments

• General_Merrick.png
    General_Merrick.png
    310 KB · Views: 1,149
  • Merrick in Xwing.png
    Merrick in Xwing.png
    358.6 KB · Views: 1,396
  • Merrick.jpg
    Merrick.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 606
It looks to be based on the US CWU-1P Cold Weather flight suit possibly with standard star wars pockets on the chest. (the orange ones still have it)
Knife pleats in white down the arms, possible window pocket on left cuff.

Gloves are sort of Hoth style but with stitching details added.

Flak vest has the ribbed shoulder straps and leg straps.
3 silver slider buckles instead of the black and clips like the ANH.

Belt is the British PLCE belt (roll pin buckle) with the extra strapping added to hold the greeblies.

Last edited:
Thanks friend! Really love the in-depth info and I'm sure this'll help a lot of people! Or at least I hope it will haha

EDIT: Something I've noticed while searching for the CWU-1P flight suit is that I can't see any blue ones.

Last edited:
Lots of good pics in Vis Dic (or whatever they call it). There are Blue X-wing pilots, and Blue U-Wing pilots. The U-wing pilots use a different helmet, chest box and vest. A group of us is trying to ID as much as we can... we wanna go blue!

Has anyone locked in the exact color of the flightsuit material? Unless I'm mistaken there hasn't been a blue squadron pilot costume on display. Given color grading in post production, I'm unsure what shade is correct for this outfit.

Hey Goffcorp, it's been a while.

I haven't seen any decent pix in good lighting yet.

As far as I have seen the CWU-1P only comes in orange and sage.
Orange will work with the addition of the extra pockets but the sage would have to be dyed.

Cassian's Parka is listed as custom dyed so they may have done the same with the flight suits.

Looks like getting the visual dictionary is in order since there is a page full of blue x-wing and u-wing pilots and pix of most of the helmet markings.
There are couple pix of it in the modeling section in the blue leader thread.

U-Wing pilots have longer vests and leg traps closer to the B-Wing pilots
Different chest box and what appears to be a modified helicopter helmet.

Amazon has all the books on sale right now.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I am also very interested in this costume. I have the visual guide now and I think also the overall is based in the US CWU-1P Cold Weather flight suite, but what you guys think about the color? It looks to me that they colored a green overall with blue.

After a long bit of thought, I've come to the conclusion that all the stitching is custom. Obviously the knife pleats are too, but the stitching has been bugging me. It's the main thing I was checking between the different flight suits and I'm also a bit confused about the collar. I'm thinking it's maybe folded in on itself? The blue is probably a dye of some kind. I'm curious about some of the pockets. Are they custom too or are they actually on one version of the flight suit as standard? These are good questions! We require input from some sort of Mil-buff!

There are a couple thread on the rebel legion forums and one post says that the designer said on twitter that the blue suits were custom made.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back