Lethal Weapon - Riggs Safety Glasses

Visker

Hi everybody

A fairly easy prop to find is Riggs safety glasses from the shooting range scene. Look for "Radians Coverall Safety Glasses, Amber. Found them at the Pyramid Air gun mall.

10067789.jpeg
20161222_161637-1.jpg

Although I think the Leathal Weapon films are great and watched them many times as a young fella lol, it's not a film I ever considered getting any props for. Nice find on this one I just wish a lot more props were as easy to get hold of lol :)

That is such a strange random find and pretty much not a classic or desirable movie prop? What about Riggs ear muffs?......or his shirt buttons?

I think this is a case of everyday items widely used in movies compared to definitive props that are collectables and/or something that can be replicated.

I'm not criticizing what you've discovered, I just don't think it has much inherent value?

That is such a strange random find and pretty much not a classic or desirable movie prop? What about Riggs ear muffs?......or his shirt buttons?

I think this is a case of everyday items widely used in movies compared to definitive props that are collectables and/or something that can be replicated.

I'm not criticizing what you've discovered, I just don't think it has much inherent value?

I see what your saying and yes I partly agree, but perhaps put together with a copy of Riggs gun and badge etc it would add a little to the display?

Back in the early-90s I accompanied a friend and his grandfather to an indoor firing range here in southern California. They had a whole rack of these yellow safety glasses on the front counter, and because they'd had so many non-shooters come in to ask about them one of the employees taped a hand-written card to the top of the rack that said, "Just like the ones Mel Gibson wore in Lethal Weapon!" :rolleyes

While I was chatting with the guy behind the counter, he directed my attention to something hanging on the wall behind me. It was an unused duplicate of the "Have a nice day" target prop used in the movie, signed by Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, and Richard Donner. Turned out we were at the firing range where they had filmed that scene.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back