Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

I posted a while back the RLM video,...which was a negative review,....they are American,...everyone is cool with that

I posted a positive review by a British critic,.....& it's being picked out?

I'm from the UK & I regularly watch Mark Kermode,...I don't get the:lol

There is no similarity between Riz & Zayn other than they are both Asian heritage musicians

J
I enjoyed that one, except for the gross cartoon ( I wasnt a big fan of R1)

I personally was just kidding around, because he is all prim and proper, while the girl NeoRutty and I liked was in her room in a sweater who obviously doesnt work for people. I was just teasing a bit with the laugh face. I know youre from the UK.

Galen seemed to be more of an engineer than a biologist. Krennic could've overseen or had access to any number of things before focusing on the Death Star.

The book Catalyst has Galen and Krennic coming up through the sciences division of the Republic. Galen was always into energy research in general and the Kyber crystals in particular. Krennic during the Clone Wars was early to the Death Star project and realized his friend Galen may hold the key to solving the problem of powering the super laser. So Galen was always in energy research and Krennic was the opportunist using the Death Star project to advance his career.

And anyone with a proper British accent bumps up 50 IQ points when I listen to them. :)

Why are Rebel transports part of the attack fleet again? In the old EU, they came up with the idea that the transports in the ROTJ fleet were flying bombs. There's no reason to have them unless you're landing troops, which the fleet wasn't doing in RO. I hope they had an idea because it seems like they really thought out a lot of this stuff (down to scanning original model parts used). I don't want it to be "Well a Rebel fleet in the previous movies had these, so we're putting them in there."

I found some of her critique... accurate, but some points seemed, I dunno, misinformed or maybe obtuse? I'll watch it again and pay closer attention. The cute factor definitely plays well for her though, and I enjoy most of her videos.

The RLM guys, while funny, seem a little full of themselves and to me, they seem like they are reviewing the audience's reaction and culture in general - more than they actually review the movie (by review I mean pick it apart). I wonder if people like this actually even enjoy movies, or if the hyper-critical point of view spoils everything for them? (I know, I know, it's "what we do".... lol)

Not to say it's not without flaws, but I enjoyed it. Felt like Star Wars, flaws and all ;) but i have seen it much less in the theater than TFA...

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I saw Rogue One and while I appreciate that they took some risks and tried making a gritty war film, I wasn't all that impressed. It wasn't bad per se, but it just didn't work for me the way the other films did. The space battles were fun and though the last ten minutes were fun fan service, it actually didn't fit with the continuity of A New Hope. I can elaborate but I don't want to tread into spoiler territory for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It was great knowing James Earl Jones was doing the voice of Vader again, but MAN did they mess that up during the final sound mix. I understand that he is getting older but there was no reverb or bass like there was in the other films. It was jarring because it didn't sound right.

I didn't really care about any of the characters and there were a few cameos that were unnecessary. One in particular that was downright pandering and took me right out of the movie. I appreciated that they gave some moral ambiguity to some of the new heroes but I didn't feel like I knew enough about them to really feel anything for them. It seemed like their motivations weren't fleshed out enough to really have anything to latch on to.

Honestly I'm glad I saw it but I highly doubt I will be watching it again and very unlikely that I will buy it. For the few, "Oh that was cool moments" it certainly isn't worth spending the money on to add to my collection.

I just hope that Disney's plan isn't to make all of the stand alone films be filler movies that will explain away all of the backstories to the Saga films. I know the Han Solo movie is an origin story (and it's likely going to suck royally).

I've got a bad feeling about this....

"It was great knowing James Earl Jones was doing the voice of Vader again, but MAN did they mess that up during the final sound mix. I understand that he is getting older but there was no reverb or bass like there was in the other films. It was jarring because it didn't sound right."

Yup, took me right out of the moment....it just sounded like JEJ, NOT Darth Vader....and certainly not Vader in ANH....it's the same thing with 3PO, ever since the Prequels, and to some extent ROTJ, 3PO has sounded like Daniels really camping it up.....3PO sounds totally different in SW and ESB......

Rich

Speaking of awful collider or screen junkies videos, there was one posted last night that said how ridiculous it was that Liea's mother died of a broken heart, and how that wouldn't happen in real life.

Considering recent events I thought they might have edited that.

yep.

I think the movies problem was 'medically, there is nothing wrong with her'....

I think they where afraid of having something happen to her and scaring the kids away, so they gave her a 'simpler' way to go.

but in real life, it doesn't look so impossible now.

yep.

I think the movies problem was 'medically, there is nothing wrong with her'....

I think they where afraid of having something happen to her and scaring the kids away, so they gave her a 'simpler' way to go.

but in real life, it doesn't look so impossible now.
I like the idea that palpatine took her life through the force.

She died the moment Vader was switched on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nah, it coincided because that was the final blow to the "death' of Anakin, and THAT got to her through the Force and was the final straw that killed her will to live.
Probably.

But it's interesting that the first thing palpatine told Anakin is, "you killed her"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm gonna assume death troopers being zombies is out of the idea that he's dealing with a science officer, and since the Empire are inspired by Nazi Germany, they're probably playing around with the science that Nazi Germany was involved in... or so the Time Life books on mysteries would say they were involved in.

Yeah the Visual Guide seems to indicate they are sort of a science experiment/zombie thing, likely having a bit of fun with the book "Death Troopers".
The Visual Guide doesn't indicate at all that they are zombies or an experiment. It mentions "zombie" bit - briefly.

"...the name of the death trooper stems from a rumored project from the Advanced Weapons Research division, designed to animate necrotic flesh. Though the troopers do not appear to be derived from this scheme, the use of the name gives them a macabre reputation..."

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back