Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Messages
    27
    Dec 1, 2016, 6:44 AM - Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #1

    I've decided to try doing a Pep of the Arkham Knight Batman cowl, this is my first attempt at this so I;m hitting the learning curve here on all fronts. Im using the file from Onekura and am having an awful time around the eye area. I'm hoping someone here could give me a hand.Has anyone tried using this file? Maybe help me through this part. Thanks.
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Messages
    366
    Dec 1, 2016, 10:24 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #2

    That eye area is a serious pain! I ended up making up my own eye piece. I'll try and find a pic.
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Messages
    366
    Dec 1, 2016, 10:34 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #3



    Hope you can see what I did.
  4. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Messages
    27
    Dec 2, 2016, 6:37 AM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #4

    VERY NICE! Thanks for responding; those small pieces were driving me mad. The two inner pieces, the very thin edge piece and the C shaped eye piece are not really aligning/adjoining in a way that makes sense to me. I see you also added the flat part to the nose to make it more screen accurate; did you just adjust the original pep file or did you freehand that?
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    From
    St. Petersburg
    Messages
    17
    Dec 2, 2016, 3:56 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #5

    The eye piece definitely needs to be reworked, especially if you are building this out of foam. The only way to get the eye area to work is if its out of paper or cardstock, and you still have to tweak it to fit. Here are some pics of my cowl. I will get some close up shots of the eye area tonite when I get home from work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160611_214801.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	687699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160716_124227.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	687700
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Messages
    27
    Dec 2, 2016, 7:24 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #6

    RavenArt said: View Post
    The eye piece definitely needs to be reworked, especially if you are building this out of foam. The only way to get the eye area to work is if its out of paper or cardstock, and you still have to tweak it to fit. Here are some pics of my cowl. I will get some close up shots of the eye area tonite when I get home from work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160611_214801.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	687699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160716_124227.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	687700
    This turned out fantastic!!! Great job on the seams and awesome paint job! Did you combine some of the patterns when doing it in foam? Or is that all of the original Pep pieces? I'm working with card stock but I can't seem to get that area to work for me. Then again this is my very first Pepakura build so my skill set could be better. It would be awesome if you could get a close up of the eye area when you have a moment.
  7. Slimshadow457's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Messages
    91
    Dec 3, 2016, 9:53 AM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #7

    I can't access the OneKura site myself :c I'd love to try and build this cowl, too.. It's probably one of the better Batman Cowl pdo files I've seen. Anyone else having problems?
  8. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Messages
    27
    Dec 3, 2016, 10:21 AM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #8

    It is down right now. From what I've read they have had issues since September. It will come up and stay for a few weeks at a time then crashes again. I really wanted the full armor pro they have too.
  9. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    From
    St. Petersburg
    Messages
    17
    Dec 3, 2016, 7:08 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #9

    Here is a close up of my finished cowl, along with a fewClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20161203_130355.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	687964 shots ofClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20161203_130426.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	952.0 KB 
ID:	687965 a new cowl I am in the process of making. Same template, slightly modified.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161203_130437.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	854.6 KB 
ID:	687966Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161203_130503.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	963.9 KB 
ID:	687967
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Messages
    312
    Dec 4, 2016, 10:12 AM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #10

    Here's mine. The file is OK. The trick is getting the right angle of the cut. For example for the upper eye lid from one side I cut 20. The more I get to the middle the cut gets more angled up to 45 and then to 20 upon reaching the other side.

  11. Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Messages
    366
    Dec 4, 2016, 12:13 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #11

    markseven said: View Post
    Here's mine. The file is OK. The trick is getting the right angle of the cut. For example for the upper eye lid from one side I cut 20. The more I get to the middle the cut gets more angled up to 45 and then to 20 upon reaching the other side.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...2b76de95f4.jpg
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...805261dcf3.jpg
    That looks awesome! Where did you get the file for the chest armor?
  12. Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Messages
    312
    Dec 4, 2016, 12:19 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #12

    @Bigbat23, thanks! it's the same batman arkham knight v8.04 which is roaming around. Check out the group "pepakura library" on fb. Or onekura.com
  13. Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Messages
    366
    Dec 4, 2016, 12:22 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #13

    markseven said: View Post
    @Bigbat23, thanks! it's the same batman arkham knight v8.04 which is roaming around. Check out the group "pepakura library" on fb. Or onekura.com
    I have that file. Thanks , now I'm looking more forward to putting it together.
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Messages
    27
    Dec 4, 2016, 4:59 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #14

    markseven said: View Post
    Here's mine. The file is OK. The trick is getting the right angle of the cut. For example for the upper eye lid from one side I cut 20. The more I get to the middle the cut gets more angled up to 45 and then to 20 upon reaching the other side.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...2b76de95f4.jpg
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...805261dcf3.jpg
    nice build!!! I can see what those eye pieces are doing a little better, thanks for sharing. Is that the Full armor build from onekura? I'd love to download it but onekura is still down.
  15. Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Messages
    312
    Dec 4, 2016, 5:47 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #15

    @Bixby I think I downloaded it from the pepakura library on fb (before onekura.com was public)
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Messages
    27
    Dec 4, 2016, 6:01 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #16

    markseven said: View Post
    @Bixby I think I downloaded it from the pepakura library on fb (before onekura.com was public)
    Thanks! I'm I member on there I'll have a look over there.
  17. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    From
    St. Petersburg
    Messages
    17
    Dec 5, 2016, 11:30 AM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #17

    If anyone needs any of the Arkham Knight batsuit v8.04 files I have most of them and will be happy to email them to you. I have the Cowl, 2 different files for the Torso, the gauntlets and the Shin Armor. I also have some unfolded files of the complete suit.
  18. Member Since
    Sep 2016
    Messages
    27
    Dec 6, 2016, 6:04 AM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #18

    Thanks, that would be great! Im not sure what I'm doing wrong, this is also my very first attempt at pepakura so it's hard to tell. My two biggest issues is that my edge ID numbers don't match. Only a handful of them do and that is if they are all on the same piece. When it comes to joining seperate parts very rarely do the match. The othe big issue are the edge flaps not lining up; a lot of the times they dont interlock, they just butt up against other edge flaps. Im not sure if it's from inverting the image to get the other half of the model or what. either way, maybe the files you have will make better sense to me. I'll PM you my email address. I really appreciate it!!!
    RavenArt said: View Post
    If anyone needs any of the Arkham Knight batsuit v8.04 files I have most of them and will be happy to email them to you. I have the Cowl, 2 different files for the Torso, the gauntlets and the Shin Armor. I also have some unfolded files of the complete suit.
  19. Slimshadow457's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2015
    Messages
    91
    Dec 6, 2016, 5:53 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #19

    RavenArt said: View Post
    If anyone needs any of the Arkham Knight batsuit v8.04 files I have most of them and will be happy to email them to you. I have the Cowl, 2 different files for the Torso, the gauntlets and the Shin Armor. I also have some unfolded files of the complete suit.
    I sent you a PM with my address as well! Thank you so much!
  20. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Messages
    3
    6 Days Ago  Apr 21, 2017, 2:10 AM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #20

    Is it too late to get any of these files? I have been trying in vain to basically free hand these templates on my own.
  21. Member Since
    Oct 2016
    From
    St. Petersburg
    Messages
    17
    6 Days Ago  Apr 21, 2017, 2:25 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #21

    Jerryb7 said: View Post
    Is it too late to get any of these files? I have been trying in vain to basically free hand these templates on my own.
    Send me your email address and I will send you the files I have.
  22. Member Since
    Apr 2016
    Messages
    3
    6 Days Ago  Apr 21, 2017, 10:25 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #22

    I can't seem to send you a DM for some reason but I'll give it to you here. Jerry7borunda@gmail.com
  23. Member Since
    Apr 2017
    Messages
    3
    3 Days Ago  Apr 24, 2017, 3:50 PM - Re: Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help #23

    Hello. I am new here, and am doing Batman Arkham's cosplay.
    I would like to know if someone has the files of the torso of Batman's armor.
    Especially the lateral part between the chest and the back, and the part goes down the back.
    Thank you anyhow.

Similar Threads

  1. Batman cowl from batman arkham knight with mechanism.
    Moviepropmaker6, DC Costumes and Props
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2016, 8:18 PM
  2. HELP Arkham Knight batman cowl
    305primus, DC Costumes and Props
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2015, 7:51 AM
  3. Arkham KNight Batman Pep cowl
    sp1derman, DC Costumes and Props
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 21, 2015, 8:17 PM
  4. Arkham Knight Batman Cowl
    tehdarkknight, DC Costumes and Props
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 15, 2015, 6:40 PM