Mad Max: Fury Road Cloth map thing?

Fish is yum

Hey guys, so I was just watching Mad Max: Fury Road again and I would love to make my own version of the cloth map thing he has when he is saying to Furiosa that they should go back to the Citadel (seen both at around the 84th and 86th minutes (Using on demand, yet to acquire the film so I cant be specific)) but there seems to be literally nothing online that I can find of it. I keep getting stuff for the game, which is nice, but not what I want.

So here is the summery:

1. What is that compass and needle thing Max is using to make the map called (84-86 minutes in)?

2. Does anyone have a good still of the map itself and any reference to the dimensions?

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Welp I feel like a nitwit. I just got number 2 here https://youtu.be/d1qxTSCPBoM?t=64

Last edited:
At 1:07 from that clip is about as good as you will get.

I agree. I have been looking for that scene since that movie came out online to get a good still of it and of course the moment I post a thread here it pops up xP. Still about two or three minutes before this (around 83-84 minutes into the entire film) you can see he has a sort of combination inkwell/compass and looks to be using a needle to dot the map out, its after Furiosa's scream, at night just before she tells Max that one of the bikes is his. I'll see if the internet gods are with me to get another clip with that. I would love to have it as a sort of set type deal.

The fabric looks like canvas or linen to me.
I would say more towards linen but I am no master with cloth and such. It just seems a bit high of a thread count to be canvas. If only we did know the thread count, then I could figure out how much an inch was there and be like, ridiculously accurate with it.

WAIT! Could that be from one of the wives' clothing? He does hoard that tube, so maybe he reused some of the same cloth they used as bandage from earlier?

(To both of you)

Thanks much for the quick response! As I have said before I have had this goal for a while and finally broke down and asked for help.

(To both of you and anyone else)
Does anyone know what the production name of Furiosa's bike is? Maybe I could find out what kind of gas tank it has. Then, because the map rests on it there, I could use that to sort of guesstimate the dimensions of the map.

Yes part of the wives cloths would be perfect explanation as to the source of the cloth for Max. It almost looks like a cheese cloth.

If it is part of the Wives' cloth, then it would have to be something like muslin, linen, or some cotton voile because that's what was used for their costumes (barring gauze because that's too thin).

Might want to post some kind of pic so people know what you're talking about, even if it's just a shot of the screen with your phone.

I'm guessing you're talking about this?

http://kissthemgoodbye.net/movie/displayimage.php?album=402&pid=896792#top_display_media

Couple screen shots here of the map, BTW:

http://kissthemgoodbye.net/movie/thumbnails.php?album=402&page=9

-Rog

YES! WHAT IS THAT? Also sorry for taking so long, free time and college don't mix as well as they used to this late in the semester. Also good pics of the map! :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back