The Rubies Mod thread

I just ordered mine from amazon and can't wait to give it a shot! Here is
some great reference pics. I think these are the two different guns we keep seeing? Looking at the pics drove me insane! I thought it was the lighitng but they are painted differently! I chose for the top one in the end
6f819e7fa8f6235a807a9137ff72e860.jpg296d033681bbc9ce958b21dcbf0a3bed.jpg

Well crud, per these reference shots, I see I may have some changes in store.

Probably won't try to repaint this one, rather just look and get another.

"Here we go again."
-c3p0

Well, even in the tech manual, the 3D model on the left doesn't match the prop on the right... I've seen real physical props looking like the 3D model also, which is definitely different from the prop in the tech manual. Most notably are the little prongs at the end of the four small tubes around the main barrel, as well as the grips, which are in one solid piece wrapping around right under the trigger on one prop, but two separate pieces on the other prop. There are other subtile ones as well, I can only assume one was a prototype and/or a hero one while the other was a stunt model.

Speaking of which, here is my Rubies based on the tech manual reference :
14732230_10210449774738018_5927801754821405304_n.jpg

Last edited:
I used wood kit with pre-selected colors, but I only used the first 4 you see on the box. First coat was the warm dark shade, then a second coat of warm base in streaks, a third light coat of dry brushed warm light shade 2, then fourth coat of warm light shade in streaks, then a fifth coat of the warm dark shade dry brushed here and there. Also used the UA716 on the sharp edges, blended in with the other colors.
Finished with a light mist of clear coat.
14717118_10210420303041244_1899183334192222267_n.jpg

14717118_10210420303041244_1899183334192222267_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! It's actually just the base coat.. Still needs all the weathering and detailing, just been super busy.

Here are a few good shots, and one of the grapple gun because why not.

View attachment 673182View attachment 673183View attachment 673184View attachment 673185View attachment 673186

i have been searching for that bat brander for 2weeks when i was in the USA
no luck for me ;( that looks awesome though !! im currently working on my grapplegun

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Got my Bat Brander today and I kinda like it how it is lol.

Also got the spears. To my surprise they dont fit that well. Any ideas?
14793697_10207255701220516_1345898691_n.jpg

Well, even in the tech manual, the 3D model on the left doesn't match the prop on the right... I've seen real physical props looking like the 3D model also, which is definitely different from the prop in the tech manual. Most notably are the little prongs at the end of the four small tubes around the main barrel, as well as the grips, which are in one solid piece wrapping around right under the trigger on one prop, but two separate pieces on the other prop. There are other subtile ones as well, I can only assume one was a prototype and/or a hero one while the other was a stunt model.

Speaking of which, here is my Rubies based on the tech manual reference :
View attachment 673831

Wow that is clean! Looks awesome! Any tips? Did you airbrush or just do it by hand? (The whole thing not just the handle)

I just got the Grand Heritage Batman costume. While the mask, boot tops and gauntlets are pretty bad I must say the suit itself and the cape are very nice. I am usually skeptical of the Rubies costumes as their "Standard" is usually huge. But mine fits amazingly well. I will be using it as the base to work on a decent BvS Batsuit.

Finished the gun today! Just gotta clear coat it tomorrow and it's good to go! Funny how it looks different depending on the light lol
LINE_P20161018_165710068_1.jpg

Amazing thread guys! hope i can get that gun down the road to make my mod!

Any other alterations of other products? Like the different cowls available, the suits, etc?

Amazing thread guys! hope i can get that gun down the road to make my mod!

Any other alterations of other products? Like the different cowls available, the suits, etc?

We got the bat brander tho Im leaving it as is for now cause Im thinking of a way so it "heats up". I saw Batmans utility belt at target and that looks like it has some potential!

There's so many great mods on here that I was inspired to go and do it again. So I ordered 2 more and have started one. Biggest positive, I sanded down the logos on the handle to get rid of them. Then worked on the wood grain again.

Thanks for all the inspiration, we're doing good work!
IMG_0532.JPGIMG_0534.JPGIMG_0535.JPGIMG_0536.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back