Glowing eyes. Deep Eyes Armor, Panzer, how is this done?

Off the top of my head, hide 'em beneath the rim and have the reflection glow.

Or fill the eyespace goggles with a noble gas trapped between two lenses that emits the color light you want and excite the atoms.. :) (think neon lights)

(trying to study for a chem exam right now, heh.)

Here's how I did it for C-3PO:

3863988008_a59551485d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Rollerboi: Thanks! I'm not quite sure I want to get into using gases haha. I'm sure theres a way to make the lens glow from the interior of the helmet with LED's. I just can't figure out how to.

TK409: Thanks! Thats pretty cool! I might try that. I do wonder if thats how the Deep Eyes helmets are done too.

Borg Drone: Thank you. It doesn't seem like he post here a lot and he only has ICQ.

How about this?

I am thinking about using those Blue Electroluminescent Wires, wrap a few rounds around the inner edge of the rims. And then, to "amplify" the lights, use those aluminium foil tapes on a black sheet (facing to the lights and away from the eyes)

Ayway, this is a theory since I don't have a Deep Eyes helmet........... yet:sleep

Picture%283319%29A.jpg

Last edited:
How about this?

I am thinking about using those Blue Electroluminescent Wires, wrap a few rounds around the inner edge of the rims. And then, to "amplify" the lights, use those aluminium foil tapes on a black sheet (facing to the lights and away from the eyes)

Ayway, this is a theory since I don't have a Deep Eyes helmet........... yet:sleep

Picture%283319%29A.jpg

Hm. Thats a interesting concept. Are there any retail stores I can get that wire in?

I was planning to use LED's to light up some eyes though.

well, I have a Deepeyes helmet, and they eyes are lit up by LED's mounted above the eyes on an angle, to illuminate the whole lense

EL wire in retail stores? Check auto supply stores and PC stores. The wire is marketed for both PC modding and car/motorcycle customization. Chances are you'll pay less ordering it online, though. EL kits made for computer modding usually come with molex connectors, which you'll have to adapt to take power from a battery. I don't know enough about the automotive kits to tell you how much work lies ahead of you there.

I'm not sure how well EL wire would work for lighting eyes, though. It isn't the brightest stuff around. It will certainly work better with well-recessed eyes.

Sorry if I dug up this post. Just bought myself some LED rings for my car and after a few weeks of just sitting on my desk, somewhere inside my head, the light bulb switched on........

Although its a bit warm, this USD15.00 (in my area, not sure in your country) is a nice solution. But only if you don't wear glasses. And I guess its perfect for C3PO eyes too.

Picture%289770%29A.jpg

Ooohhh......... my skin's oily! Yucks

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back