USS ENTERPRISE NCC1701-A WIP 50inch model

judgedredd

Sr Member
Been working on a project to coincide with my 50th birthday its something i have always want to do and with the help of my friend Micheal Jeff who allowed me to use parts of his 3d model i have started work on my 50 inch Enterprise still a long way to go but its coming along.Hoping to make a start on the saucer which i have created a wedge template from cardboard and cast in resin.
20160801_130444.jpg14509217_10205618198774139_1329064230_n.jpg1470050000326.jpg

Hi i am hoping like a slice of cake i can join 16 of them together then smooth shape and scribe the lines.:)

Okay, but which part of the 'divining rod' shape is the template? I originally thought it was a 'screed' profile (the curvey side looks like it was the saucer cross section.)

Sorry to be dense... not an uncommon occurence.

R/ Robert

Hi its a wedge from the saucer i used top and side profiles to create a template.1470050008896.jpg

Okay, but which part of the 'divining rod' shape is the template? I originally thought it was a 'screed' profile (the curvey side looks like it was the saucer cross section.)

Sorry to be dense... not an uncommon occurence.

R/ Robert

Thanks its coming along nicely just working on a saucer at moment :) and how to attach nacelles lol

Bolt & pin, I figure. Probably the worst configuration for a structure *under gravity loading* due to the rotational torques (both longitudinal and axial)! Though, I suppose it would work better if it were properly counterbalanced on the pylon to the front portion equalled the aft 'tube' length. I still recall how crappy the pylon mounts were on the original styrene AMT TOS Enterprise...

Say, what tool are you using for your decal graphics? They look nice and clean.

Regards, Robert

Hi i will work it out somehow :)
The decals i am just doing in paintshop.

Bolt & pin, I figure. Probably the worst configuration for a structure *under gravity loading* due to the rotational torques (both longitudinal and axial)! Though, I suppose it would work better if it were properly counterbalanced on the pylon to the front portion equalled the aft 'tube' length. I still recall how crappy the pylon mounts were on the original styrene AMT TOS Enterprise...

Say, what tool are you using for your decal graphics? They look nice and clean.

Regards, Robert

I have PaintShop Pro, but it is an old version that does raster image editing only. Your graphics look good even close, making me think they are vector constructs.
R/ Robert

I just make it up as i go along i use a font then make 2 layers red and black then delete the layer i dont want :) seems to work

I have PaintShop Pro, but it is an old version that does raster image editing only. Your graphics look good even close, making me think they are vector constructs.
R/ Robert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back