Dave Filloni developing new animated Star Wars

i wonder if this will play side by side with rebels, or when rebels finishes the new show will take over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a post ROTJ series in Clone Wars/Rebels fashion? Perhaps some adventures about the galaxy rebuilding after the fall of the Empire and after the first season or two shadows of the First Order start to develop?

The great thing about that is that you could but don't have to include the main trio. Also a way to bring in elements of the old EU that we'd like to see brought forth and included.

with the season 3 trailer showing the same class vehicle of the outrider. i would drop dead in joy if he tackles the shadows of the empire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully someone in Disney keeps him in check & he doesn't slip down the Lucas path

J

That won't be a problem.

Truth be told, being a showrunner isn't really like what Lucas did. If you want a scenario that's more related, but equally...spotty in its reception, try the Moffat era of Doctor Who.

That won't be a problem.

Truth be told, being a showrunner isn't really like what Lucas did. If you want a scenario that's more related, but equally...spotty in its reception, try the Moffat era of Doctor Who.

A lot of people badmouth filloni. I don't know much about him.

But I do love the clone wars. There were some spotty stuff, but some of that show was the IMHO the best star wars there is.

What aspects do people dislike about Filloni? Perhaps those are the parts of the show I like.

A lot of people badmouth filloni. I don't know much about him.

But I do love the clone wars. There were some spotty stuff, but some of that show was the IMHO the best star wars there is.

What aspects do people dislike about Filloni? Perhaps those are the parts of the show I like.

My general read of fandom from social media and podcasts is that Dave is very highly regarded by fandom in general.

My general read of fandom from social media and podcasts is that Dave is very highly regarded by fandom in general.
I've often read on this board that people don't like his choices when he gets too out of control. But I'm not sure what that means. Frankly. I don't know how to separate out his contributions.

I do know that he likes the clone era. Frankly, The clone wars helped me like the clone era. I think he did right by that.

I've often read on this board that people don't like his choices when he gets too out of control. But I'm not sure what that means. Frankly. I don't know how to separate out his contributions.

I do know that he likes the clone era. Frankly, The clone wars helped me like the clone era. I think he did right by that.

Beleive me, comments on this forum do not always represent general fandom. Dave is the only person left at LucasFilm on the story side who worked directly with George. They crafted the Clone Wars together and Dave literally was schooled on SW by George every episode. He is uniquely qualified to carry that vision forward in this new era but he also is a fan and brings that sensibility as well. LucasFilm holds him in high regard and I wouldn't be supersede to see him eventually involved in the film side in some capacity. And just listen to any interview with him, he's terrific.

Post ROTJ would be a great playground now that the EU has been gutted. He could do almost anything in that time period. We know Thrawn made a comeback so some aspects of the old EU might pop up as Easter Eggs. I quite enjoyed the Clone Wars and my son is slowly making his way through the series. We'll wait and see!

Beleive me, comments on this forum do not always represent general fandom. Dave is the only person left at LucasFilm on the story side who worked directly with George. They crafted the Clone Wars together and Dave literally was schooled on SW by George every episode. He is uniquely qualified to carry that vision forward in this new era but he also is a fan and brings that sensibility as well. LucasFilm holds him in high regard and I wouldn't be supersede to see him eventually involved in the film side in some capacity. And just listen to any interview with him, he's terrific.
Well that makes him my hero. I firmly do believe in Lucas' vision. And it seems like dave helped him get it back on track.

It also means that I really wish he was a part of the film series

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I've tried to like the Clone Wars cartoon.....but I just can't get into it....I find myself thinking of other things while it's on.....looking on phone or net.....it's boring to me.....

The Rebels cartoon on the onset was cool,....it had a 77 feel to it,....music cues from the OT & Indy,.....action & space battles copied in style directly from the originals....but now all the Clone bits slowly coming back into it.....battledroids, clones,....Ahsoka, Darth Maul etc......it feels different....perhaps they think they can balance the OT with the PT......

The initial direction was more interesting to me

J

Nor should "general fandom" reflect or dictate views of individual fans.:rolleyes

Sure, but there are objective and subjective ways of looking at the question. Subjectively, everyone has an opinion. Objectively, a great many of those opinions beyond a limited sample provide a better metric of evaluation. :)

I've tried to like the Clone Wars cartoon.....but I just can't get into it....I find myself thinking of other things while it's on.....looking on phone or net.....it's boring to me.....

The Rebels cartoon on the onset was cool,....it had a 77 feel to it,....music cues from the OT & Indy,.....action & space battles copied in style directly from the originals....but now all the Clone bits slowly coming back into it.....battledroids, clones,....Ahsoka, Darth Maul etc......it feels different....perhaps they think they can balance the OT with the PT......

The initial direction was more interesting to me

J

i too hard a hard time with the first few seasons. it wasn't until season 4 it finally got good for me. though i totally believe in filoni, i love what he did with the end of clone wars. the whole darth maul series, the kids finding the kyber crystals, the clone trooper chips explained, yodas mission, though i wish it was finished and more clear... and of course rebels.

That arc with the kids and the kyber crystals was awesome.

I loved that it had four distinct chapters, each with a different challenge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back