Cylon Raider - UpGrading the Moebius kit

Lee S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,
I'm looking for some kit IDing on the Original Cylon Raider. All the threads I can find are for the resin or Moebius kits.
While I was originally just going to make my Moebius straight from the box... things changed :D I'm not fixing everything, just replacing some of the kit parts with pieces I have.
A few I can't figure are shown here. The rear piece is from a 1/72nd/1/76th 88mm gun, but I can't find pictures of an original clear enough to confirm the kit used. I 'think' it's the Hasegawa as it looks right and I know that kit was used on the BSG Shuttle, so it was around.
Thanks for the help!

L cylon_parts_01.png

Thanks!!

I should have known to check SSM :)

L
As nobody can create a new account on SSM , is there any way people who own maps can port them over here , in the interest in sharing information.
if it doesn't exist in RPF if someone references a part they should really post it here as SSM is not RPF

As nobody can create a new account on SSM , is there any way people who own maps can port them over here , in the interest in sharing information.
if it doesn't exist in RPF if someone references a part they should really post it here as SSM is not RPF
Not interested in going into the weeds on this, but-

I answered the question Lee asked as best I know. So all the part info with regards to his query IS posted here on the RPF. I have pulled some of those same parts for my modification of the Salzo release. The maps provide no more information with regards to the original post.

I do not know the status of new accounts at SSM. I am a member and I know Lee is a member, so the response was directed to assist him.

I'm all for sharing. However I did not create those maps so they aren't mine to share. There are some parts that are not ID'd (that I know of) so it would be GREAT to get everyone's eyes on it. But I would not be comfortable posting them without the OK of the person who did the maps (Sean C.) or the person who owns the site on which they are posted. If you think SS Star Wars invites drama, you have not delved in the world SS Galactica building :). I don't think they are super-secret, they have been around awhile, well before the Studio Scale Modelers tightened registration. I would not be surprised if those maps are posted elsewhere. This is not about info hoarding. It's about courtesy.

Jason, who owns SSM, is a member here. I suggest you contact him about membership. The RPF also used to be closed to new members for long stretches of time. I think it took 8 months of waiting for me to become a member here. Patience my friend!

Back to topic--

Lee, looking forward to your approach on this! I'm sure it will be great and maybe also lead to some fresh eyes on this bird in the near future.

Try roughly two years since I first applied for SSM...only crickets so far. So, making reference to a closed site's information here as part of the RPF discussion is a bit of a face-slap at this point. Sorry, but it is just a tiny bit annoying, but hey, it is what it is. Just don't expect everyone will agree with it.

That said, sharing content "soused" from other sites is definitely a 'by permission only' procedure. We're all guilty of being sloppy on this at times, but we should at least be congizant of the boundaries.

RE: hope Lee will be sharing his findings here as well.

R/ Robert

Try roughly two years since I first applied for SSM...only crickets so far. So, making reference to a closed site's information here as part of the RPF discussion is a bit of a face-slap at this point. Sorry, but it is just a tiny bit annoying, but hey, it is what it is. Just don't expect everyone will agree with it.

That said, sharing content "soused" from other sites is definitely a 'by permission only' procedure. We're all guilty of being sloppy on this at times, but we should at least be congizant of the boundaries.

RE: hope Lee will be sharing his findings here as well.

R/ Robert

Again. I specifically pointed out the identity three of the four parts that Lee asked about. I do not know the fourth. The question ASKED on the RPF was ANSWERED on the RPF. I then pointed Lee to more information that I know he has access to, in case it would help him in other ways. I did not answer the question by pointing to the linked map. There IS NO MORE INFORMATION ON THE MAP about the subject of Lee's question. I am sorry not everyone can access that link. But Lee can, and he asked the question. Would it be better to not know that there are part maps for the Raider? I guess in the future I will just PM that? Weird.

As I mentioned I am also working on a Raider build, stripping off most of the cast parts of the Salzo version. I would like nothing more than to get some more eyes on the few parts that have not been ID'd. But they aren't my maps and they aren't posted on my site, so the only thing I CAN do is point out that maps exist and where they are. These maps have been out there for awhile. I'll bet you can track them down pretty easily if you have an interest in that subject.

I'm sorry you can't currently register for SSM. I know there have been some server problems. It certainly has not had a lot of recent activity. But I'm not an admin there so can't speak to that. There is a massive amount of info there. It would never be practical or desirable to port that over. I would just say continue to inquire with Jason. He is an RPF member, as I mentioned perhaps you can send a PM. There seem to be a number of people would like to sign up and I encourage you to continue to try.

If you think this is also a slap in the face, I'm sorry. Not intended that way.

One more request that's not on the SSM kit list. I suspect it's not from the other donor kits else it would have been spotted. That said it could be multiple pieces, Leo parts B52/53 maybe
Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 11.33.21 PM.png

On a side note, I never noticed the variations of the center section before. Guessing as it's the mount cover they fell off and were replaced with haste.

L

Satazius, I understand all the conditions that you've touched on, but perhaps being on 'the other side' makes it difficult to be empathetic for those who have been (for all practical purposes) refused admission to SSM. Since there has never been any response to requests for registration or even info about the situation from the site admin (an RPF member), all that is left is speculation and 'sour grapes'. No amount of third party rationalization will address that issue, short of a statement direct from the "horse's mouth". Although 'slap in the face' is perhaps too strong a phrasing, no one appreciates being ignored.

I recommend we just agree to disagree on this point since us hammering it further won't change anything. Perhaps the future will offer clarity on the situation. I can hope so anyway...

And I am glad Lee has his answer.

Regards, Robert

Interesting iff topic conversation. studioscalemodelers.com is open for registration. You need to email me. Or message me like the other people Ive signed up. Spam was a big issue & is why the site was locked down. Cant say I aporeciate the tone of some of this conversation. Use some initiative rather than having everything handed to you on a platter.

Jawsmodels, just to be clear, I have attempted to contact you both here and through the site in the past several times with no response. Currrently, at the site, once clicked on "Enter" and "Need to Register?", get to:
http://www.studioscalemodelers.com/forums/member.php?action=register

Which reads:
Sorry, but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations. Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2016 MyBB Group.

This aside, I am resending my application to the hot mail account on the 'contact us' link.

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Thanks are due to Jase (aka jawsmodels) for his work in opening up the SSM registration again. In my limited experience with working a blog site, it is a real job keeping a site 'clean and running like a top'. Hats off, Jase. It is appreciated.

Regards, Robert

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back