Star Trek: TNG Bluetooth Comm Badge on the way

Gamera68

Just got an e-mail from ThinkGeek and this was in my e-mail today.

I kind of had a hunch that this may be happening but was not sure.

Its on pre-order for a ship date of November, this year.

From the site:

ANSWER ALL YOUR CALLS WITH THE WORD "GO"

We've had a screen-accurate prop replica ST:TNG badge in our closet for a while. The only thing it was missing was the ability to emit the classic communicator chirp sound effect when we pressed it.

And then we found out an audio company is making a fully-functioning officially-licensed communicator badge. Behold the Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge. It hooks up to your phone or device via Bluetooth® and has a built-in microphone for hands-free calling. Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri or Google Now. And, of course, a touch plays that classic communicator sound effect. Warning: you're going to want to keep the micro-USB charging cable handy right after you receive this, because making it chirp is well-nigh irresistible.

And don't forget to sign off, "[Your name here] out."

Product Specifications

• Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge
  • Officially-licensed Star Trek: The Next Generation merchandise
  • Plays classic communicator chirp sound effect when you press it
  • Connects to your phone or device via Bluetooth®
  • Built-in microphone for hands-free calling
  • Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri or Google Now
  • Not, however, Majel Barrett
  • Wireless Range: 33 ft.
  • Drivers: Neodymium magnet
  • Frequency Response: 200Hz - 20KHz
  • Signal to Noise Ratio: >80dB
  • Materials: ABS and zinc shell
  • Attaches using magnets so you don't have to make holes in your clothes
  • Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-ion (one charge lasts 10 hours)
  • Charges via micro-USB cable (included)
  • Micro-USB Port: DC5V, 350-400mA
  • Dimensions: 1.65" wide x 2.08" tall x 0.36" deep
  • Includes ComBadge and micro-USB charging cable
  • Subject to change pending licensor approval.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jm...147329&linkid=95185249_feature2_combadge#tabs

Last edited by a moderator:
And they have been talking already about adding Majel's voice to the iPhone...

I'd love to see the DS9 badge as an option.

Very cool indeed but not sure who the manufacturer is,
but if I were take an educated guess, I'd say it's most likely The Wand Company :)

I'll pass on this one but between Apple's announcement of AirPods yesterday and seeing this today.

My hopes of a Wand Company TOS Earpiece are improving every day!

Paging Wand Company, hint, hint, nudge, nudge. This would make an excellent follow up for the great Bluetooth Communicator and would be a Bluetooth headset that I'd actually use. Not to mention people around you wouldn't have to listen to the incoming caller on speaker.

Last edited:
As cool as this is, it looks a bit too beefy.

star-trek-the-next-generation-bluetooth-communications-badge_670.jpg star-trek-the-next-generation-bluetooth-communications-badge_1000.jpg

It's also a shame that they couldn't incorporate an induction charger. I'd gladly pay extra to avoid having the micro USB port glaring at me from the piece.

Part of what's throwing it off is that the outer and inner faces of the gold ellipse are parallel with each other instead of angled to form a chamfer around its circumference.

Not perfect though it may be.... walking around TALKING on a Commbadge is just an experience I never thought would happen.
It's worth it for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back