1/18 Tie Fighter Companion

Re: Tie Fighter 1/18 Scale...Where to Get One??

Want to tag along on this thread - I've been trying to figure out if there's an X1 in scale to the Legacy TIEs. The only one that seems close is the Hasbro version, but I've seen people complain about it. How bad is it though - if it's in formation with two Legacy's will it be glaringly obviously wrong?

Want to tag along on this thread - I've been trying to figure out if there's an X1 in scale to the Legacy TIEs. The only one that seems close is the Hasbro version, but I've seen people complain about it. How bad is it though - if it's in formation with two Legacy's will it be glaringly obviously wrong?
I actually find my Kenner Tie advance X1 to be a pretty good match to the legacy collection tie fighter. I have them both and they look very close in scale. One must take in consideration that as with any other toy conversion they all are going to require some work to bring them closer to studio scale.

Since we're talking about X-1's I'll leave this right here....

DVTIEcompare.jpg

Since we're talking about X-1's I'll leave this right here....

View attachment 656151

Are you suggesting the Hasbro mould may not be all it could be :lol Eeesh, that's a bit worse than I remember it being. Let's see, cast of the SotDS TIE cockpit frame to replace that tiny thing, but that's about the only easy thing you could do with it, isn't it?

I'm not saying anything :p
Are you suggesting the Hasbro mould may not be all it could be :lol Eeesh, that's a bit worse than I remember it being.

But then there's no guarantee that the new frame would fit either. I think it would be less work to scratch build one.
Let's see, cast of the SotDS TIE cockpit frame to replace that tiny thing, but that's about the only easy thing you could do with it, isn't it?

What do you think about the scale?? I think the cockpit might be a bit big?? Side by side photo

Attachments

• IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 106

Is the tfa tie cockpit of similar scale to the Hasbro hero I'm moding? I think it seems bit bigger in scale

You are correct. It is does look bigger than the cockpit I have but I hope it's not just the angle the photo was taken on.

14102425_10210105818832178_7528095559487613930_n.jpg

What do you think about the scale?? I think the cockpit might be a bit big?? Side by side photo

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 100

Yeah, I think it's very close maybe a little bigger, but not so much that it's noticeable. Also the hasbro hero X wing is long so once finished and in the air, I think it will be fine.

Did anyone here buy the gumtree Tie Fighter????...I see it's sold. The seller wanted $40 for shipping so I baled out.

The guy stuffed me around on postage so I passed. I'll keep looking, I really have to focus on finishing the X Wing, but I have this grand plan of having the Hasbro X Wing and a Tie in a trench diorama, which by scale would be about 8 ft long;)

As my Hasbro Hero X Wing is now finished, I'm thinking about the companion Tie Fighter. Not the best photos, but I think the TFA Tie which I got because it was cheap is really too small, of course the wings are too small, but it looks like even the Tie cockpit is also too small. The pilot for the Tie seems to be a good scale for the X Wing, but maybe his Tie is the wrong scale?

IMG_2030.JPGIMG_2032.JPGIMG_2033.JPG

Re: Hasbro Hero X Wing Tie Fighter Companion

Maybe that black series TFA Tie Fighter? But of course that is TFA, not OT. I wonder if it could be converted? I've never seen one in real life though, it may be too big.

Maybe that black series TFA Tie Fighter? But of course that is TFA, not OT. I wonder if it could be converted? I've never seen one in real life though, it may be too big.

I've seen 2 sizes of the Black series that may be right, one is massive and I think too big, but the other size seems right, but the one I think is likely to be right is over $200!!..........I then it has to be modified quiet a lot. I'm thinking about scratch building one;)

I think you maybe thinking of the 6" Black Series Tie Fighter which is massive.

Yeah there are many confusing sizes if you research the 'black' series. Your reference 6 inch seems to be a contradiction regarding being massive:D.

My Hasbro X Wing Build is 1/18 scale, so let's find the TIE Fighter that is that scale;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back