1/18 Tie Fighter Companion

yaris

Sr Member
Last edited:
Re: Tie Fighter 1/18 Scale...Where to Get One??

On this forum...no Tie Fighter experts...??

Wow..that's just...scary...:confused

I'm not expert by any means. I would suggest you to get the Hasbro legacy collection tie fighter instead. The legacy collection Tie has the same dimensions as the one you posted. but it comes with a more realistic accurate cockpit design.
ebay might be your best bet to get one for a lot less

hope that helps

Thank you GTI and newmag for your comments and advice.

The price for the scale I wanted was too much. $200 was crazy money for a Tie Fighter at the 1/18 scale.

I got this at the local toy store...$20

The wings are not to scale, but I like the pod scale;)....so I will build new wings to suit.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 228

Hey there, Yaris.

I'm no TIE expert but I know my Hasbro TIE's though. The best TIE Fighter to use would be the Shadows Of The Empire TIE Fighter as it was the first to feature the more accurate cockpit ball and the large wings as well. Since it was made for the 3.75" figures it's in the perfect size for the Hero series X-Wing. The only fault with it is that the wings are either too big or the cockpit is undersize for the wings.

Here is a photo of both X-Wing and TIE together.

12112467_10207745424143786_7554943414670800656_n.jpg

That is extremely expensive for a TIE. You can definitely find them cheaper on Ebay. Even here in Australia I can get one of these TIE's (the same one in the Amazon link) for $55 AUD.

I'm moding my Hasbro hero x wing and I'm looking for a similar scale tie fighter to go with it. I believe the Hasbro x wing is 1/18th.

I found this on amazon, quiet expensive but if a similar scale I think it would be prefect. Any advice would be great, thx

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-La...470830068&sr=8-16&keywords=hasbro+tie+fighter

Hey there, Yaris.

I'm no TIE expert but I know my Hasbro TIE's though. The best TIE Fighter to use would be the Shadows Of The Empire TIE Fighter as it was the first to feature the more accurate cockpit ball and the large wings as well. Since it was made for the 3.75" figures it's in the perfect size for the Hero series X-Wing. The only fault with it is that the wings are either too big or the cockpit is undersize for the wings

Here is a photo of both X-Wing and TIE together.

View attachment 654099

Hey Junk Pilot, I think the tie in your photo the cockpit is too small compared to the X wing??? I've been unable to find in Australia the Tie in the Amazon link, The only one I've seen here was still $180!!....I got the TFA Tie for $50. I think the cockpit on it is closer to scale, but the wings are too small, so I'll build some new ones.

Where in Autsralia have you seen the Amazon Tie for $50??

I should have mentioned the TIE is loose though. Even though the cockpit of the TIE may be underscale when viewed with the X-Wing in front it's barely noticeable.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/king...ghter-saga-collection-good-as-new-/1118827247

Hey Junk Pilot, I think the tie in your photo the cockpit is too small compared to the X wing??? I've been unable to find in Australia the Tie in the Amazon link, The only one I've seen here was still $180!!....I got the TFA Tie for $50. I think the cockpit on it is closer to scale, but the wings are too small, so I'll build some new ones.

Where in Autsralia have you seen the Amazon Tie for $50??

Last edited:

Hey Junk Pilot, can you do me a favour??.... and tell me the relative sizes please.

I have got TFA Tie Fighter and as I said I like the cockpit scale, but the wings are too small. The Tie Fighter in your photo is the Sage Collection one, like the gumtree ad you linked??

Can you measure the pod/cockpit and the height of the wings.

The Tie Fighter I have (TFA) is cockpit/pod 115mm and the wing height is 280mm.

I'm thinking of buying the gumtree Tie, but no point if the wings are still too small, they do look more to scale, I want to confirm if possible before buying it.

Thanks heaps!!....;)

Hey Yaris,
I've just measured 2 of the TIE's I have being the Ecliptic Evader version and the Shadows of The Empire (both released under the Legacy Collection) and the measurements are the same between the two version.

The wings are 38.5cm and each cockpit pod (end to end without wings) are 19cm.

Hope this helps.

Also if the seller won't ship internationally let me know. I live 2 hours north of the sellers location but have to travel to Sydney in 2 days and will be within 15mins driving time of the seller.

Hey Yaris,
I've just measured 2 of the TIE's I have being the Ecliptic Evader version and the Shadows of The Empire (both released under the Legacy Collection) and the measurements are the same between the two version.

The wings are 38.5cm and each cockpit pod (end to end without wings) are 19cm.

Hope this helps.

Also if the seller won't ship internationally let me know. I live 2 hours north of the sellers location but have to travel to Sydney in 2 days and will be within 15mins driving time of the seller.

Thanks for the size reference JP. The seller on gumtree says his Tie is a saga collection edition sizes. Dimensions: 10.67 x 26.16 x 32.51 centimeters. The 32cm is 60mm shorter than you Ties and 40mm bigger than my TFA Tie.

He's getting back to me with a price for shipping, but Sydney to Logan City Qld. shouldn't be too much, thanks for the pick up offer;)

Logan City? Aw crap. I thought you were in the US. lol

Anyway, I've just re-checked the measurements of the Ecliptic Evader TIE I gave and I'm only a few mm's under what I stated so I don't know how he got his. However, I do know there is no difference between his TIE and mine as they are from the same mold.

Logan City? Aw crap. I thought you were in the US. lol

Anyway, I've just re-checked the measurements of the Ecliptic Evader TIE I gave and I'm only a few mm's under what I stated so I don't know how he got his. However, I do know there is no difference between his TIE and mine as they are from the same mold.

Thanks mate;)...your Ecliptic Evader TIE and his Saga Collection must be the same mold, Google images pretty much puts them at the same, so I'll buy it!...thanks for your help.

here's what i think ,when the new line of rogue one toys comes out i'm sure they will re-release the tie (hope they don't stuff it with the crappy plastic wings)
had my eye on that gumtree one too....mainly for the wings

I need a set of wings as well. I have a VC cockpit that's wingless at the moment so I don't care if I get interceptor or standard wings. Interceptor wings would be good as I only have one Interceptor but I won't knock back another standard TIE (that would make 5).

here's what i think ,when the new line of rogue one toys comes out i'm sure they will re-release the tie (hope they don't stuff it with the crappy plastic wings)
had my eye on that gumtree one too....mainly for the wings

have you done any mods to any.....i've just thrown on some paint on my standard and interceptor..
also i've just been comparing the force awakens model to the original and it seems to be a smidge bigger in cockpit.
those wings might be a good size for that also,if had of got of my ass last week..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back