Signed Luke ROTJ Saber Sharpie Conundrum

VaderIsMyFather

On 16/4/16, I had the honor of meeting Mr. Mark Hamill, and among other things, he signed my US Archon V3.1. I had originally bought this as a prop for my ROTJ Luke, (Which I would love some reference pictures for, if anyone has any to hand)

Anyway, Mark signed the saber in Sharpie (Pics for reference), and I was wondering if there is anything that I could do to preserve the signature, as I would love to troop with this saber. I was thinking a simple clear coat, but wasn't sure.

Thanks RPF!

Attachments

• 13214428_541355082732875_1735782415_o.jpg
    13214428_541355082732875_1735782415_o.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 236
I've heard of people with baseballs using laquer or clear varnish. Some sort of polyeurathane (sp?) coating would do it

I agree. I'd just keep it safe and find another for trooping. Sharpie can be finicky so sealing it could make it run and it might even wear off eventually with a sealant on it. The only thing i've seen sharpie not wear off of is nintendo cartridges and comic books.

I agree with the members that suggest not using it for trooping. Get another one that can take the wear and save the original in a place out of UV light.

TazMan2000

Thanks guys!! I'm having a bespoke case made for it at the minute, so I probably will end up buying another one. The only problem is that the exchange rate at the moment is terrible, and I live in Ireland so not much opportunity for second hand stuff. I have my eye on a few different sabers however, but I'll just have to buy the Archon first again!!

Leave it alone. Don't try to put anything on it. Also, shapie can fade with direct sun light so keep it stored away.

First of all that's awesome that u had it signed by someone like Mark Hamill. And second I would agree that you should simply not attempt to seal the sharpie at all in the fear of it ruining the sharpie ink. I would find another for trooping like everyone else said

You might want to keep an eye on the ESB DL-44 thread - those guys will need to come up with something to protect the sharpie "knurling" on the flashiders.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back