Star Trek 4 (Abrams, Kelvin, whatever...)

Re: JJ Abrams on Star Trek 4

That really does not mean anything. Nothing has been green lit, and even if 3 is successful, it still may be the final run of the new crew. I am more interested in the new television series to be honest.

That really does not mean anything. Nothing has been green lit, and even if 3 is successful, it still may be the final run of the new crew. I am more interested in the new television series to be honest.

I believe Pine and Quinto are signed for one more.

Never take the hack at his word, remember he had the whole Axanar fiasco settled. :rolleyes

I'd prefer they just end it now. Star Trek 2009 was fine enough for a Hollywood action movie, but ID was painful to watch, and Beyond is shaping up to be thoroughly blandtacular. With the passing of Anton Yelchin, I hope they make the decision to close this chapter of the franchise, rather than continue to milk it for more money. But this is Hollywood, so that's wishful thinking.

The upcoming series is my only glimmer of hope for the franchise at the moment, and so far I'm cautiously optimistic for that based on interviews.

If they did Corbomite Maneuver they can still cast Clint Howard.

I would still dub his voice.

Damon Lindelof is kind of like proto-matter. You get results that look good on the surface, but quickly become unstable and fall apart. Best thing to do is avoid it altogether. His absence from ST3 gives me some slim hope. (OTOH, Orci is still involved. So the potential for a disaster is still completely possible.)

Well let's see mimes with sticks, All American dirt bike riders, flying bullet space aliens..... they've got ALL kinds of room for ST4 storylines. Pass th JD

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back