Help locating red anodized Innerspace chip.

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all
This is a project that's been on my mind for a long time. I trying to locate a source for the red anodized heatsink used as the chips in the movie Innerspace. I have an ad in the wanted section here. I'm finding the black ones but it seems the red ones just don't exist. I could get the black ones and paint them I suppose but its just not the same. Since this movie was made in 1987 I'm thinking these chips are from 70s or early 80s electronic components? if anyone here knows where these have originated from or been used in please let me know. Thanks

Allright. I found It! A manufacturer in Hong Kong either makes or still has old stock. Very cheap price! Size is 12 mm od. Inner diam is 8 mm. Gonna order two and see how it goes.

Ok so I bought the heatsinks and should get them in n a couple of weeks. Having a hard time finding the ten pin semiconductors so I also bought two ten pin sockets and i plan on building the chips the way the Mars Props video shows. Ill post pics when I get all the peices together.

Hi all been a while getting back to this but it's cold and working in the garage isn't too appealing right now. Here's where I'm at. I have the heatsinks and the sockets. Just fitting things together now. The metal ring is a peice of foil tray that I cut and curled around a pencil and it fits inside the heatsink. I'm going to add copper wire to the socket and file it down. The finally add a small square of foil to the center. Here's pics IMG_20170114_182540.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back