Hasbro Tie Interceptor Elite conversion

Looking good overall, but I find the weathering a bit too heavy. It just doesn't do justice to your amazing job at putting all of those greeblies together (my 2 cents;))

joberg, Thank you very much :thumbsup I really appreciated your input. You are right, on the pictures the weathering seem to be heavy .but believe me. it doesn't look as heavy in person. I don't know if is my crappy cell phone picture, lighting or my monitor. anyways I'll try to dust off my camera and snap some better pictures.

Blood stripes

"]
31504191163_f744fe3faf_c.jpg

Side note: white balance is off, picture taken with a cell phone htc making they grey look white and under exposing the dark shading

This is probably going to be the last picture tease of the Elite Tie Interceptor build.
Installed the Koolshade to the back of the reactor
32049691730_e9df34a711_b.jpg

Stay tune for a proper photoshoot session along with video finale.

Hello came to this thread after seeing the one you’ve got going now with Vader’s Tie . Fantastic , informative build . Thanks for sharing .
Wondering if you’re still planning to post the updated photos and video regarding this ship ?

:cheersGed

Hello came to this thread after seeing the one you’ve got going now with Vader’s Tie . Fantastic , informative build . Thanks for sharing .
Wondering if you’re still planning to post the updated photos and video regarding this ship ?

My apologies to everyone following the thread. I failed to upload those pictures and video of the tie interceptor. I thought I did but now I know I didn't.

Here are few pics for you guys, I know they are not the best pictures. but they should do till stops raining.

33109891880_42801e44d4_c.jpg

Here is the Tie Interceptor with a 3.75" Tie Pilot

33109904080_1fd7486610_c.jpg

Back side of the tie interceptor

32679354163_b17e0a5e90_c.jpg

I also did a slideshow showing the full conversion https://youtu.be/yP4XxADIMGU

WOW !!! , what a transformation from toy to incredibly detailed Model ! So envious of your skills :p

Congratulations , and thanks again for sharing your beautiful build .

Thank you!
If I can do it you can too. Actually is not that hard it just takes time and lots of patience.

Wow! Incredible work! Very inspiring! Any tips for working with the Hasbro plastic?
In the case of the Hasbro Tie Interceptor the ship is made out of tree different types of plastic the main ball body fuselage, the hatch and the wings. The main ball body is the easiest to work with since is made out of a plastic that is compatible with Tamiya, Testor cements this makes it easy to work with styrene stock with no issues. One thing that I did that I did not show in this thread prior any work was prepping the plastic by washing all parts with soapy water an alcohol to help remove any oils or silicone that might prevent the cement to work.

The wing is made out of some kind of flexible soft plastic, this plastic will need to be sanded or roughed out for the cement to work if you do not sand down the surface the cement will not stick to it.

Now the worse of the worse is the hatch which is made out of some kind of plastic with high silicone content this makes the hatch very flexible and slippery and it doesn't matter if you sand the surface down it will not take any cement, glue or even super glue, for this reason I decided to cast my own parts.

I hope this helps

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back