Hasbro Tie Interceptor Elite conversion

In with another update guys, I'm still working on casting some more greeblies for the inside wings.

"]
29960911990_7abf9fe8fa_c.jpg

"]
29960918690_80995b8679_c.jpg

Basic configuration. I'm still working on casting and making few more parts to fill the voids.

"]
29960926910_9dc19a3e80_b.jpg

Just to let you know after seeing what you've done wit this thread I was motivated and picked up one of these off eBay... it might not be exactly studio scale buts its still damn cool.

Jedi Dade

Just to let you know after seeing what you've done wit this thread I was motivated and picked up one of these off eBay... it might not be exactly studio scale buts its still damn cool.

Jedi Dade
Right on. What are your plans for the bird?

This.Is.Awesome.

Thank you.

Worked on the layout configuration last knight guys, now it looks so much better.
"]
30271940445_5427b093a7_c.jpg

My plans... well I don't really have one yet since its still in the mail coming to me. That being said I think I'll greeblie up the main body similar to a standard TIE. As for the wings - I'll definitely clip that little "landing" bit off the corner. I probably won't be slavish to the studio scale model but I'll try to greeblie with similarly shaped bits, so that it looks the part then give it a good paintjob and weathering... maybe hit up moffeaton for some of those cool tie decals he had at one point... Nothing crazy But a good studio scale TIE parts list would be helpful

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
My plans... well I don't really have one yet since its still in the mail coming to me. That being said I think I'll greeblie up the main body similar to a standard TIE. As for the wings - I'll definitely clip that little "landing" bit off the corner. I probably won't be slavish to the studio scale model but I'll try to greeblie with similarly shaped bits, so that it looks the part then give it a good paintjob and weathering... maybe hit up moffeaton for some of those cool tie decals he had at one point... Nothing crazy But a good studio scale TIE parts list would be helpful

Jedi Dade

You're going to have so much fun converting your Tie interceptor. I hand made a lot of the parts. but I'll be more than glad to put together a list of all the greeblies that I use for the build.

Greeblies central for sure. Eager to see it all painted!

I still need to fix a few things. but hopefully soon.

In with another wing update. Sorry for such a terrible picture angle :ninja guys. But I was trying to show the full wing / greeblie configuration.

30382531221_ce769fa810_b.jpg

Ok guys I'm back with more updates. I finally had time to start priming and painting the interceptor.

"]
32147050221_d955125f89_b.jpg

"]
32147089311_545a37e1a6_b.jpg

Wings just before primer. Now lets hope I don't mess up the paint and weathering on the bird :lol

When ahead and started applying some weathering to the wings to give it that battle worn look

"]
32314797685_23663d9366_c.jpg

"]
31937995840_d5cb40a72f_c.jpg

I don't think I have mentioned this before. but ever since I saw my fist tie interceptor I was so disappointed that they use one mold of greeblies for both wings. what do I mean with this is that the greeblies from one wing will always be upside down in reference to the other wing. so I took the liberty to fix their mistakes and make the right wing a mirror image of the left wing. No more upside down greeblies on my tie.

"]
32195416851_0beec54f22_c.jpg

Looking good overall, but I find the weathering a bit too heavy. It just doesn't do justice to your amazing job at putting all of those greeblies together (my 2 cents;))

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back